The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

The last poster mentioned movie soundtrack cues, and boy have I found a good one.

Some really intense cues all throughout the score to this movie, but this one in particular stands out as something I'd want to hear a drum corps play.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

The "negative harmony" version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Now this would have made the Colts' Dark Side work...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 3:17 PM, scvphan said:

With both Santa Clara and the Blue Devils playing Peter Graham's Triumph of Time this summer, something tells me we'll be hearing his music more in the coming years. Before this summer Graham's music had been played 7 times beginning with the Blue Knights in 2000 and more recently with the Cavaliers in 2010 and 2015. With pieces like the following...I'd be ok with that. :smile:

Pretty fun when a corps selects music that has been posted at some point in this thread - especially when it's your favorite corps (and a piece that's one of my favorites)! Love SCV's use of it in their 2018 program - this is going to be a special show!

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 2

one of the most beautiful little choral pieces i've ever heard. amazing harmonies. almost Grainger-like. 

this would've fit perfectly with SCV 2000, and would love to hear Crown do it in a show as a counterpoint to inferno

Edited by Lance

On 6/26/2018 at 1:33 PM, scvphan said:

Pretty fun when a corps selects music that has been posted at some point in this thread - especially when it's your favorite corps (and a piece that's one of my favorites)! Love SCV's use of it in their 2018 program - this is going to be a special show!

i'm betting no designers have looked at this thread, but i've loved what i've seen when corps have done a couple of the pieces i listed

still waiting for a corps to do a low/glass/bowie show. preferably crown :)

• Like 1

I've been in Norway the last couple weeks, so Grieg is fresh on my mind. Regiment hasn't played his wonderful piano concerto since the late 70s - that slow movement!

A darker ballad is Death of Ases from Peer Gynt.

If the rights could ever be allowed, Hymn to The Fallen.  If not in the show, a great encore piece.    It might be nice to hear some corps actually play a patriotic song during encores.  At least the corps carry the National Colors during finals retreat.

this is one of trevor morris's best pieces

he's collaborated a lot with zimmer, but i like his work a little more overall, especially what he did in dragon age: inquisition. 

almost every note in this cue is a separate chord, and the last few bars are kind of mindblowing

Edited by Lance