The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 7/14/2019 at 11:43 PM, kdaddy said:

I can't remember if I ran across this tune on here or some other means. If so, here it is again. 

This would be a cool tune for a smaller corps. And an interesting theme for a show.

I'll see your "Jules Verne on the Moon" and, in the spirit of th event whose 50th anniversary is due in about two hours, I'll raise you this:

Admittedly it probably wouldn't adapt well to drum corps.

But I did like how the 2018 movie First Man, about Neil Armstrong, incorporated that number.

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Admittedly it probably wouldn't adapt well to drum corps.

But I did like how the 2018 movie First Man, about Neil Armstrong, incorporated that number.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

I know this has been covered by plenty of high school bands, but I really need a corps to do this. Preferably Bluecoats or Crown (if they continue down this path).

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I know this has been covered by plenty of high school bands, but I really need a corps to do this. Preferably Bluecoats or Crown (if they continue down this path).

The Bluecoats did this in 2006 as part of their show "Connexus." A very underrated show from them, I may add.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The Bluecoats did this in 2006 as part of their show "Connexus." A very underrated show from them, I may add.

Okay, let me reword then...Bluecoats at the level they are now or Crown (if they stick with this style). I would need it to be as close to the original as possible though.

Admittedly, I'm old school drum corps but I would like to see some more Miklós Rózsa charts. Many years ago Garfield played "King of Kings" before they became The Cadets.

With a corps half the size of today's lines, they could send chills down your spine.

Wikipedia Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miklós_Rózsa

23 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

They finished fourth that year...

And their performance level was nowhere near what it is now.

• Confused 1