The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Recently, I've been getting really into Marianas Trench, a Canadian pop-rock band with some really excellent albums and singles under their belt. In particular, I think the three "interludes" from their 2009 album Masterpiece Theatre would be really cool to use throughout a full show (technically the first is the album opener and the third is the closer, but you get the idea). There are tons of great "moments" in these that would translate really well onto the field.

And for something a bit more straightforward, this song from the same album would be a fantastic standalone ballad in the hands of the right arranger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 5:57 PM, kdaddy said:

Every couple years, I get on a Ron Nelson kick. But who doesn't?

Both of these tunes have been played before, but I think they're worth revisiting. Also apparently Rocky Point Holiday has also been performed...

I actually prefer Sonoran Desert over Rocky Point, particularly all of the slow stuff.  Really wonderful writing from Nelson.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lance said:

I actually prefer Sonoran Desert over Rocky Point, particularly all of the slow stuff.  Really wonderful writing from Nelson.  

He and I were born in the same town! Love all his works, especially as used by BK, Cav, Glassmen, Bloo, and Cadets.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FTNK said:

As one top 5 corps design team member told me (and this was way back in 2008): “Music is irrelevant”

It's been obvious for a long, long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To @Cadevilina Crown

Wow, thanks for hipping us to this band!  👏

Even if their tunes never make it to the field, it's terrific workout music...got some quality minutes on the treadmill with that entire "Masterpiece Theatre" album.

Edited by ExPitster
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ExPitster said:

To @Cadevilina Crown

Wow, thanks for hipping us to this band!  👏

Even if their tunes never make it to the field, it's terrific workout music...got some quality minutes on the treadmill with that entire "Masterpiece Theatre" album.

Thanks so much! Their other albums are absolutely worth hearing, too, especially Astoria.

Be great if next year Boston did a whole show with Franki Valli and The Four Seasons music !!!!