The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

On 3/25/2008 at 1:22 PM, Lance said:

I know we've had lots of these before, but I don't want to dig them back up. I'm hoping that people will put up pieces that have never-or at least, rarely-been done. Any genre is fine, and feel free to say which corps would fit best with the piece. My list, which I'll probably update from time to time.:

Orchestral pieces
Low Symphony—Philip Glass (any corps, please just do it)

The Black Maskers-Roger Sessions (my favorite is from 18:30 on...would be a great intro to a show)

Wind Ensemble/Brass Ensemble pieces
Baron Cimetiere’s Mambo (thanks to Nikk for commissioning this one)—Donald Grantham
Trauersinfonie—Wagner (could be an instant classic for Phantom just like Elsa's Procession) 

The Place Where Dreams Come True James Horner 

Other
Our Prayer—Brian Wilson (Crown or the Cadets) 

Pretty sure Patriots did Low Symphony over 97-2003.

Can we get some more soundtrack love in DCI? Stranger Things is my all-time favorite media soundtrack and I would love to hear a brass version, especially with the beautiful orchestral cover in Season 4's finale

• Like 1

This would be a more Carolina Crown, Cadets, Boston Crusaders even Blue Stars perhaps type show, but the music from the movie The Village by James Newton Howard. It doesn't have to be about the movie obviously. Even still, I think even themes of the movie could be well translated into a show. 

15 hours ago, squarepush said:

This would be a more Carolina Crown, Cadets, Boston Crusaders even Blue Stars perhaps type show, but the music from the movie The Village by James Newton Howard. It doesn't have to be about the movie obviously. Even still, I think even themes of the movie could be well translated into a show. 

I see your other James Newton Howard score and raise you Hunger Games. These uniforms would be cool:

6dcbb5fc3f72a5b439dc7969aef294f2.jpg

On 7/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, hostrauser said:

Xavier Cugat has some absolute burners, and I'm amazed DCI hasn't tackled "El Cumbanchero" or "Jungle Rhumba"

El Cumbanchero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zftkbnDP4MA

Jungle Rhumba: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb9EOYqVScU

Academy did an excellent job with El Cumbanchero in 2006.

• Like 1