The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

i recently was going through some music and i found a song called mass production by iggy pop. now im not the biggest fan of iggy pop or anything but this song has such a dark and industrial vibe that i feel like would work really well in a show themed around something industrial in nature. a lot of things could be done on trombone, with booming tuba basslines. the main melody could be a trombone soloist, similar in nature to Bloo 2017. i have considered arranging it on my own because it is so compelling and dark sounding. i don't know what corps would be willing to actually use it but it is some food for thought i suppose.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:20 PM, Lance said:

been almost 30 years since BK did their star trek show, and i really really really want another top 12 corps to do this. the whole cue is good, but i ff'd to the big brass part:

Those tails looked so ridiculous back then, but they were ahead of their time...

To boldly go where no corps has gone before

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tribute to the District of Columbia.  No, not Washington.  D.C.   Not Americana.  Go-go.

Looking at you, Guardians 👀

• 4 weeks later...

Saw people thinking about a good rep for Phantom, and thought of this McPhee piece I heard a couple weeks back.  Would love Phantom or SCV to do it, or maybe even venture into some of Roger Sessions' neoclassical stuff. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 11:56 PM, Lance said:

Loved seeing a bit of snarky puppy in dci this year, but needs lots more.  Pretty sure I posted lingus by them in this thread awhile back.  Even if dci doesn't use them, listen to them.  fantastic musicians.  

I know plenty of current designers are hip to it. Here's hoping. 

• Like 3