11239692_10155552658015710_4853935183318

I'm loving the artwork BD and Bloo are using this year. Looks great!

I think that this show has...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

potential

• Like 2

Like a color Rorschach test.

They should be ashamed of themselves with that picture. :notify:

:tounge2:

Looks like a dinosaur wearing a fancy winter coat to me. :augen51:

• Like 1

Just gonna think out loud here for a minute.

So to me the image looks like a background of bright colors, with kind of a digital version of a long exposure shot of someone dancing. For example:

tumblr_mefhd8RofZ1qgk1yio7_1280.jpg

So the title. Kinetic Noise. Kinetic - Motion. Noise - A sound, especially one that is loud or unpleasant or that causes disturbance. Seems like another pretty broad theme that they can do a lot with. Noise is an interesting choice in term. Paired with Kinetic, that kind of alludes to utilizing moving parts to create sound effects, or noise. Perhaps some kind of moving prop or smaller items such as rifles, flags (see Glassmen 2011 for the tin foil flags and Crown 2003 for their bell rifles) that make noise when they move? I would assume that he drill is going to be VERY musical, considering that's your primary source of kinetic motion and noise. I suspect probably lots of static type supporting parts creating noise with a melody line or something like that over them. Lots of cool percussive effects to create noise. Lots of dancing, which is what the character in the poster looks like. Lots of color, visual noise if you will.

So I'm expecting a very loud, busy, visual, musical, and noisy in both the musical and visual aspect, and I mean that in the best of ways. Lots of special sound effects from sources like guard equipment, front ensemble, arranging, and perhaps props. LOTS of color and movement. Sound like a pretty cool theme.

Disclaimer, if I do happen to be spot on and someone related to the corps reads this, I'm just going off of what you're giving me, just pure luck. Not leaking anything, I promise! Don't know anyone who even knows anyone related to the corps. AND if I'm completely wrong, disregard.

I'm moving my caution level down a notch or two, this seems like a really cool theme, and the graphic is AWESOME! Would definitely buy some merchandise with that graphic on it. Bring it on, this seems exciting! I'd love to hear them play Peter Gabriel's "Signal to Noise", would be PERFECT for this show.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Not gonna lie, not extremely excited about this concept. I am the guy who likes 'Coats 13 better than 14 so part of me is hoping they go back to that sorta feel.

Not gonna lie, not extremely excited about this concept. I am the guy who likes 'Coats 13 better than 14 so part of me is hoping they go back to that sorta feel.

I like the sound Bloo had in both 2013 and 2014 for different reasons. But I felt that Tilt was a lot more cohesive than To Look for America. Some parts of that 2013 show seemed disjointed and just kinda out of place. As long as Bloo maintains that cohesiveness in their show design, I'll be very happy with this show because their hornline and drumline seem to consistently deliver. Their show design falls short a lot and hopefully that won't happen this year.