Just Discovered "Into the Light"

I've listened to this show conservatively 300 times while running, and each time I discover another element previously unknown. The drumline was wonderful, and I'm a brass guy. The climactic moments are so joy-filled IMO.

DO get Michael Kamen's [RIP] disc by the National Symphony orchestra, Leonard Slatkin conductor.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any early APDs of this show (I'm thinking maybe early July), before the majority of the closer was switched to be played back field? By far my favorite variation.

Here is the standstill recording done late in the season, I think.

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 2

I almost tried out that year, but the Van Galder (the bus you take to get to Rockford) was sold out for the times I needed. I didn't feel like I was good enough to make up for the bad impression I would make by being late. Hindsight being 20/20, I will forever kick myself for not going. If only I knew they were basically doing Harmonic Journey part II, I would NOT have cared about being late a few hours.

Isn't 2010 PR the most glorious show like... ever?

Edited by Barifonium

WOW ! !

I am not a Big Fan of DCI, or the direction they are headed. I call it DCBI (Drum Corps Band International).

Yet Year after year. I like Phantom Regiment.

Can someone please Explain why I always LOVE "Phantom Regiment". I am OLD and prefer more of the Old Style. Phantom is NOT Old Style. It is like how my Favorite Cavies was "Machine". Loved that. Can hardly call that Old Style, yet I loved that also. Almost Never like Blue Devils. BUT do like Santa Clara Vanguard. They do a lot of shows I like. Not very Old Style there either.

What is it in Phantom and SCV that gets me? And Blue Devils and Carolina that turn me OFF?

Edited by 2B or not 2B

Maybe the're too artsy for you.

Good golly Ghost; we posted at the same time 8:48 PM. Great minds think alike :)

Edit: time changed to 10:48 PM. I finally met someone on DCP in my time zone. Too funny!

Edited by lindap