SOA '15

The staff that left after '13 did not leave because of pay....nor were they running an operation that put SOA in financial hardship.

Hoping an official statement comes from SOA soon about this.

The SOA Facebook page posted at noon-ish today about fundraising for their food drive with a goal of reaching $1000 today. It mentions nothing about this being needed to complete the tour this season. I'm hoping the SOA Alum is just exaggerating the need in hopes of getting more donations.

Sorry for all the posts in a row, but it appears the post made from the SOA Alum on the DCP page has been removed. I take that as a good sign :cool:

The post was removed pending further information.

/Mod-Hat

The SOA Facebook page posted at noon-ish today about fundraising for their food drive with a goal of reaching $1000 today. It mentions nothing about this being needed to complete the tour this season. I'm hoping the SOA Alum is just exaggerating the need in hopes of getting more donations.

Edited by JKT90

CEO of Spirit posted this - You may see a post on about the corps and its finances posts out there. Please know that we are fine and this corps will finish this season and the future. We have a few people in the organization that feel they can speak for us. All I can do is assure you that the staff and admin are taking are of your kids and all is well.

That's how you do it the right way.

Kudos for the quick response from the CEO. I'm sure the guy meant well, but starting rumors that a corps might cut a season short can have such negative effects both in the present as well as in the future, particularly in terms of recruiting.

I imagine raising nearly a million dollars each year to put a drum corps down the road is a major undertaking and nerve-racking as well. I hope the person who put it out there that Spirit is in trouble when it turns out that it isn't in trouble is shown the door. News of that nature should come from the Board CEO and not some person who doesn't have all of the facts.

• Like 1

There is a pic on Instagram of Spirits guard that is not flattering. My read is "kiss our ###" to the critics. Maybe that is not the message, but that pose is in bad taste and nothing offends me!

I saw the picture when it was posted. I thought nothing of it and didn't see anything inappropriate. After your comment, I went back and looked at it again and I still don't get your prospective. I sincerely doubt that that your person has any intention to say "kiss our ###" to anyone nor does she care about any critics. They are probably too busy having fun to log in here and read the BS. But, I respect everyone's opinion and I enjoy the exchange of others who have different views other than my own. And, I would be honest with you whether or not we agreed on the subject. Have a great summer and if you see me at a show somewhere please say hello. Cheers.

Edited by davidmccain