SOA '15

16th place with a ascore of 71.8. They will need to push to even think about finals, though won't happen.

Your point?

Your point?

Randy,

I know your whole family is vested in SOA, I don't THINK he was trying to be rude in his post. It's valid, and most of us here are hoping for a late season surge. After the positive hype during the off season and the very secretive camps and finally the release of the "Out of the Ashes" show info I think a lot of Spirit fans were REALLY hoping to see them back in the finals. I know the kids can't work any harder or want it any more. They are amazing as always.

• Like 2

I am really looking forward to seeing them in Opelika Alabama this Friday. I saw their preseason show live and am looking forward to see them again. In the live stream from San Antone, they had made some nice drill changes in the drum break prior to Wild Nights that worked better. The guard however is way way behind in the corps progression. It was obvious that some were performing on a different level than some of the others with their capabilities. Why have 40 in guard when half the guards execution is poor. Yea the guard book is bad and simplistic. I know the old "the kids are doing the best they can with what is given to them". Whatever. I had rather see a smaller guard from them so the staff doesn't have to water down the work. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised in Bama on Friday. They should have a very receptive crowd with Opelika being relatively close to the ATL.

After seeing the webcast of San Antonio (my friends from San Antonio really dislike it when others use the term San Antone. Not sure why. They say it is an old Western movie-ism), it remains evident that the administration and susequently the designers they hired have below average skills for creating an effective show. I think it the weakest design of world class other than Jersey Surf. Though some changes did make a few moments better, they are changes that most likely result in no scoring increase. The members are of course working hard. That is true for all corps. I wonder if the 16th place was a bone, with DCI seeing where that pushes them. I know that 16th doesn't seem like a bone, but to me, PC, OC, and Mandarins clearly have much better show designs and are performing as well as Spirit. SOA may have more talent in some areas, with their strength to this point having been their brass. I felt they too are now behind the three corps I mentioned and given how much Cascades has cleaned, and how much harder their book is, I could see them passing SOA in brass over the next few weeks.

After seeing the webcast of San Antonio (my friends from San Antonio really dislike it when others use the term San Antone. Not sure why. They say it is an old Western movie-ism), it remains evident that the administration and susequently the designers they hired have below average skills for creating an effective show. I think it the weakest design of world class other than Jersey Surf. Though some changes did make a few moments better, they are changes that most likely result in no scoring increase. The members are of course working hard. That is true for all corps. I wonder if the 16th place was a bone, with DCI seeing where that pushes them. I know that 16th doesn't seem like a bone, but to me, PC, OC, and Mandarins clearly have much better show designs and are performing as well as Spirit. SOA may have more talent in some areas, with their strength to this point having been their brass. I felt they too are now behind the three corps I mentioned and given how much Cascades has cleaned, and how much harder their book is, I could see them passing SOA in brass over the next few weeks.

I feel the same way about the other corps you mentioned. The draw, with SOA going on before several of those groups, made it more obvisous to me that the design is rough and the performance levels are starting to drag behind. Wish them all the best.

SAN ANTONE!

Stop. Please... My skin is crawling...