SOA '15

I'm not sure why so many people have beef with this show. I just watched it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S5kaYNL4ZQ

And I really enjoyed the brass music, and there were some very great ideas to bring the music to life with the drill. I hope drill and arranger return. Miles of an improvement over last year.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why so many people have beef with this show. I just watched it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S5kaYNL4ZQ

And I really enjoyed the brass music, and there were some very great ideas to bring the music to life with the drill. I hope drill and arranger return. Miles of an improvement over last year.

Thanks for that. I was going to lament that I am sad to not be able to see their show this year as I hadn't seen it available online anywhere. +10 cookies for you.

I think Spirit is where a lot of kids in the south (like me) go for their first year, am I right? (I'm planning to audition for Spirit next year having no prior drum corps experience.) I'm guessing that Spirit is a corps with a lot of young guys and gals.

Don't go there for 1 year and bail...<-------- this is what you should not be thinking before you go and audition. Here's why; you will develop some of the best friendships and memories your first year that you will want to keep and build on. If you want to help build the corps into what it was or what it could be then go march Spirit and stay there. Make history!

If you want to go win a DCI Championship then stay away from Spirit and go straight to auditions for one of yearly contenders. Don't waste their time nurturing you as a musician, and don't waste your time if you all you want to do is win DCI year after year. And.....there is NOTHING wrong with that!

I say this to give you good advice... Spirit doesn't want the kid who's going to bail after their 1st year. Quite frankly, I hope you do march Spirit and build as a person, meet life-long friends, and be a part of rebuilding that corps. I can tell you I spoke with their snareline this year, and those kids are special... They soaked in what I had to say to them, and I'll remember their faces forever... You also need to know that it's okay to go somewhere and try to win your first year... If you have the chops and are smart enough to take in the mental toughness then you should take advantage of that! Good luck wherever you go, but give Spirit a try at least...

• Like 4

I honestly would be very surprised if any one stayed on staff. They will either be forced to leave, get fired or just leave on their own. Hopefully none ofthis is the case.

I honestly would be very surprised if any one stayed on staff. They will either be forced to leave, get fired or just leave on their own. Hopefully none ofthis is the case.

Staff should stay - board of directors should resign. They are totally unprofessional and unqualified to run an organization.

I haven't heard anything about staff leaving. Brass staff is really good.