Cavaliers Instrument Question.

I was planning on trying out for cavaliers in the future and was wondering if I can use my TAMA by Kanstul Mellophone. They are different than most mellos in the way that they have a full horn kicker and not individual valves, they sound different than your everyday mello, and they're smaller and different looking but only when at a carry, the bell looks just like a yamaha or king from the front. this may cause some differences in appearance the corps may not like but I'm not sure. If someone could help me on this issue, it would be appreciated greatly, thanks. I own no rights to the picture posted.

61hREv3l-6L._SL1200_.jpg

I already Have, they have not responded yet and I'm a little disappointed because that was in early December last year. Maybe I should try again, it was during the off season.

You want to do the try out on your horn or you want to actually march with your own horn?

"They are different than most mellos in the way that they have a full horn kicker and not individual valves"

I used to repair brass instrument for a living and cannot for the life of me figure out what that sentence means.

You can audition on it. It doesn't matter what brand you use, if it's an F mello, you can use it for auditions. If you get contracted, they will give you a corps horn, and you will march with that from then until the end of the season. That's how pretty much every corps that I know of works.

I used to repair brass instrument for a living and cannot for the life of me figure out what that sentence means.

Maybe an adjustable slide that is on the main tuning slides, as opposed to just on the first and/or third valve.

Although the way it was originally presented, it is an odd statement. I was thinking about a soccer player for a moment.

Don't forget to mention the lyre bracket. That, plus a full horn kicker, well, what can they say?

You can audition on it. It doesn't matter what brand you use, if it's an F mello, you can use it for auditions. If you get contracted, they will give you a corps horn, and you will march with that from then until the end of the season. That's how pretty much every corps that I know of works.

thanks, you're the one person to answer my actual question