Colts 2015

Here's hoping for yet another spirited (no pun intended) fight among the Corps seeking those last valuable finals slots.

No matter the program, best of luck to you, Colts !! Do what you choose to do...and do it well.

Edited by HornTeacher

"and a stunning ballad based on Grammy-sensation Sam Smith's Lay Me Down."

This is a thing now, yes? I mean, the ballad taken from the (very) recent pop charts. I realize DCI has been doing pop music forever, and often in ballad form, but it seems we're now into check-off-the-box mode: Pop ballad that the young folks know, still like, and will go bonkers hearing from a horn line. Check.

Not judging, not dismissing. I'm all for good music on the field, period, no matter its origin or vintage. Just noting what appears to be the current fashion.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

"and a stunning ballad based on Grammy-sensation Sam Smith's Lay Me Down."

This is a thing now, yes? I mean, the ballad taken from the (very) recent pop charts. I realize DCI has been doing pop music forever, and often in ballad form, but it seems we're now into check-off-the-box mode: Pop ballad that the young folks know, still like, and will go bonkers hearing from a horn line. Check.

Not judging, not dismissing. I'm all for good music on the field, period, no matter its origin or vintage. Just noting what appears to be the current fashion.

Worked for Spirit with Poker Face, and Crown with Angel back a few years, I think it'll work. Plus much of the rest of the show is very far from popular, could work really well.

Glad to see people ragging on the Colts for using a theme that's been done before. Since obviously no one has ever used a theme or piece of music that another group has used. Shame on the Colts.

We do realize that the bulk of their music for 2015 has never been done by a corps. But I guess that means it's a rehashed show, since the word "Noir" is in the title.

People who are 'ragging' are probably just responding to this....

We're gonna continue to define who the Colts are, while we look at new ways to deliver a drum corps performance," said Program Coordinator Marc Sylvester. "It's film noir. It's fresh. It's something nobody's done. But in the end, our plan is just to be a really good drum corps."

Interesting show choice...should be interesting to see come together. I hope the Colts are a strong corps in 2015 and I hope they don't use narration like they did in 2014. To me Colts are best when music is first....not narration (See 2009 Fathoms) :)

Good luck 2015 Colts.... :)

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

I cannot wait to hear what Chuck does with this music.

:cool::cool::cool:

I don't think you will be disappointed! Camps have been spectacular so far, and the brass book is amazing. No one will complain that there isn't enough brass music in the show this year!

It's hard to predict where Blue Stars will end up this season, but I see them trending up, not down. Staff consistency has been the right recipe for them and I think that will continue to benefit them in the 2015 season. But hey, who knows.

I think both Blue Knights and Blue Stars benefitted from BAC's show not being liked by the judges and not quite living up to expectations, but I don't expect to see any of them not make finals. To me, Madison and Crossmen seem to be the wild cards. Crossmen would have to pick up at least where they left off last year, and while there seems to be some strife at Madison, they do recruit some talent and at times I think they are too severely critiqued. Troopers and Spirit can't be ruled out, but if I had to bet I would probably bet on Colts returning to finals. I've always enjoyed Colts as a feel good corps, but last year the show had a certain sophistication to it and an edge not always associated with Colts, but it worked. Word in the fall was there would be many vets returning, and that could make a difference.