Cadets; Thanks for the Offseason Scoop on Your Show

I always have applauded/admired the Casets for their transparency - they help fill the void for most if not all of DCI between the middle of August and the middle of June.

Some of the reasoning presented here for not releasing show info pertains to releasing info to the general public.

How do we then explain actions such as those from a corps last season (not sure who it was or IF the name was actually mentioned) where the members themselves did not know what the show was until April/May-ish?

Is that level of paranoia necessary? Is it even possible? I still am not sure how a staff can do that with members and have effective rehearsals without the members being able to absorb the concept by then.

Edited by Quad Aces
  • Like 1

How do we then explain actions such as those from a corps last season (not sure who it was or IF the name was actually mentioned) where the members themselves did not know what the show was until April/May-ish?

Is that level of paranoia necessary?

Well, you also have some corps (probably only a few) that don't have the music ready until April or May for half the show, so it might not be paranoia - it must just be that they are behind schedule.

Well, you also have some corps (probably only a few) that don't have the music ready until April or May for half the show, so it might not be paranoia - it must just be that they are behind schedule.

True. When I read that last season, I envisioned the members rehearsing, but with no titles on their sheets of music, and they themselves perhaps inevitably recognizing some of the music but not knowing what the theme or description of the show was. Maybe that's not how that went down, though.

Lots of reasons for not broadcasting, and in truth I think most stem from insecurity. But that's only my take because I come down on the side of full and open disclosure - warts and all. They're entitled to their position, though, and since they're the ones in charge, they have to do what they are comfortable with. And we have to live with it.

I don't know why corps like Blue Devils and Crown waited so long last year to announce a concept or even a piece of music they were looking at doing, but I can't imagine it had anything to do with insecurity. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that BDs staff has an idea of what they're going to be doing 5 years from now. If there is an organization that has their #### together in terms of design ideas, it's them.

Nah, Tekk...even if you are, there's enough Tekk left for everyone!

Definitely Russian weather temps for camp, particularly with the wind chill factor.

Members are already calling the proposed drill show "Sacktigkovitch" and may be planning "AirAustin" tee shirts to learn the velocity parts. (Austin Greene is drill caption super.)

Good vibes about!

Nah, Tekk...even if you are, there's enough Tekk left for everyone!

Definitely Russian weather temps for camp, particularly with the wind chill factor.

Members are already calling the proposed drill show "Sacktigkovitch" and may be planning "AirAustin" tee shirts to learn the velocity parts. (Austin Greene is drill caption super.)

Good vibes about!

Very clever. I can see this being a T-shirt.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I'll take mine in an extra-large.....................to allow for shrinkage (deflation) after washing.

Now Tekk, when you donate these (150 members plus staff and volunteers...) will you be throwing in the TEKK For Life shirts as well?

I'll take mine in an extra-large.....................to allow for shrinkage (deflation) after washing.

Now Tekk, when you donate these (150 members plus staff and volunteers...) will you be throwing in the TEKK For Life shirts as well?

As long as the shirts have my signature photo on them, and are worn by Cadets member, staff, fans, and EVERYONE who attends finals.

• Like 1

Tekk earns his shirt for transcribing all the music links from camp today.

It is going to be a beautiful summer of great music and Sacktigkovitch drill! Can't wait.

Dude I seriously think I'll have a heart attack at finals if the show lives up to what I think it'll be.