Contras/Tubas wanted

cdm

New start up corps is looking for contras/tubas. 2-3 valve G horns are desired, but they will consider valve rotor. Let me know if you have some. They would prefer matching horns, but that isn't a deal killer.

Edited by cdm
  • Like 1

Isn't there a set of Olds Ultratones with the Kanstul valve cluster on the DCP Marketplace?

They're decent - good instruments.

Don't use the valve rotors. Too noisy and you'll #### off a good player with them.

BTW I'm not disputing the response that says go to the Bb. Just that I saw these G horns recently on DCP.

yup, we have 3 matching OLDS G contras with Kanstul 3 valve conversion kits installed....................email thunderbirds@erie.net if interested......

If Gary's horns are in decent shape at a decent price, they're pretty good horns - they're not Kings, and they're not Kanstuls, but they play better than a lot of what people were playing on (even in the top 12) toward the end of the G period.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't there a set of Olds Ultratones with the Kanstul valve cluster on the DCP Marketplace?

They're decent - good instruments.

Don't use the valve rotors. Too noisy and you'll #### off a good player with them.

BTW I'm not disputing the response that says go to the Bb. Just that I saw these G horns recently on DCP.

Cadets won world championships, in the 80's, using valve/rotor horns, while everyone else used 2 valve horns. Edited by cdm