SCV 2015

So who else thinks this year could be the Vanguard year? It's time for them to move into medal territory! Anyone else think so?

So who else thinks this year could be the Vanguard year? It's time for them to move into medal territory! Anyone else think so?

For someone to move up, someone else must move down. If you think SCV will move up, who will drop to 4th or lower from last year: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, or Cadets?

Very possible. Their GE scores were competitive last year and percussion is a monster. I don't think Cadets fall out of top 3 based on what I've heard although certainly early. BD one must assume, will medal and Crown will probably reassume their medal contention with a superb brass line and possibly improved percussion so we'll have to see but certainly a possibility.

Very possible. Their GE scores were competitive last year and percussion is a monster. I don't think Cadets fall out of top 3 based on what I've heard although certainly early. BD one must assume, will medal and Crown will probably reassume their medal contention with a superb brass line and possibly improved percussion so we'll have to see but certainly a possibility.

So you are Saying the Bluecoats will move down? It will be an interesting season for sure if all bring a great show--so hard to predict but that's the joy of Drum Corps in the winter!!

For someone to move up, someone else must move down. If you think SCV will move up, who will drop to 4th or lower from last year: Blue Devils, Bluecoats, or Cadets?

I personally think that Cadets might move down, but it is still too early to predict, as most winter predictions are. Blue devils will, obviously, stay in medal territory. I would also like for Bluecoats to stay in medal territory, but also too early seeing as they have not announced their show yet. Cadets have "announced" their show with George Hopkins explaining the concept in their past camp video. Again, too early to predict show placings, but I would really like for SCV to go into medal territory.

• Like 1

I do not care who places where. I am hoping for a year where the top five is all within 1.5 of each other.

• Like 3

Anything is possible but Cadets look extremely strong so they wouldn't be my first choice to fall from top 3.

That's kinda the crazy thing: there is a lot of solid talent (both design + membership) at the top. Blue Devils and Cadets seem like a lock for Top 3, though Cadets have been out of Top 3 twice in the last 5 years, 5 of the last ten seasons. Blue Devils have only dropped out of Top 3 once in the last decade (really, only once since 1994).

Bluecoats are the "newbies" (relative) to Top 3, so it would be easy to guess Bluecoats may drop back out of medal standing. Of course, that would be a goofy assumption founded on nothing but historical stats, having medaled only twice in their history: they could very well come out guns a-blazing and WIN DCI in 2015 for all we know!

SCV haven't medaled since 2004 but have been steadily improving the last couple of seasons, going 7-6-5-4-4 the last five seasons. While Crown has medaled twice, winning DCI once, in the same span.

LOTS of great corps at the Top vying for a spot!!

• Like 3

... I am hoping for a year where the top five is all within 1.5 of each other.

Even more amazing would be to experience 6 phenomenally performed and designed shows that only at score announcements would we know who was top 5!

It's been quite a few seasons since we had that sort of "competition."

• Like 1

I would love to see Vanguard medal. It would be quite difficult as the Blue Devils will almost certainly medal (though you can never say anything is completely certain at this point), the Cadets and Bluecoats will both be coming off medalling shows and wanting more, Crown's hornline will certainly be great and they'll looking to move back up after a down year, and Cavies and Phantom could always medal too. But I would really like to see SCV medal.

Edited by spencerg98