SCV 2015

Or just mention the Indiana law in one of the threads. That'll be sure to get it closed down. :bleah: :bleah: :bleah:

I personally find the authoritative/suppressive attitude of the mods and some DCP members repulsive. Suppression of ideas is never okay. But I won't say anymore at the risk of this topic getting axed.

• Like 2

I personally find the authoritative/suppressive attitude of the mods and some DCP members repulsive. Suppression of ideas is never okay. But I won't say anymore at the risk of this topic getting axed.

I usually agree with the things you say here and you often show more maturity than members 2 or 3 times your age, but wow, I really don't think that limiting a drum corps board to discussion of drum corps has anything to do with authoritative attitudes or suppression of ideas.

There is no shortage of places on the Internet to discuss just about anything you want, and no one is stopping you from starting your own drum corps site with forums that allow discussion of anything that's legal. But if you do that, I think you will find that the conversations quickly derail from drum corps and degenerate into a cesspool of uncivil and irrational discourse that has little to do with ideas and runs off so many people that rational ideas never see the light of day.

• Like 2

I usually agree with the things you say here and you often show more maturity than members 2 or 3 times your age, but wow, I really don't think that limiting a drum corps board to discussion of drum corps has anything to do with authoritative attitudes or suppression of ideas.

There is no shortage of places on the Internet to discuss just about anything you want, and no one is stopping you from starting your own drum corps site with forums that allow discussion of anything that's legal. But if you do that, I think you will find that the conversations quickly derail from drum corps and degenerate into a cesspool of uncivil and irrational discourse that has little to do with ideas and runs off so many people that rational ideas never see the light of day.

Again, I really would not like to derail this thread as it would be unfair to all the SCV fans in here. But once I get some time, I'd be happy to discuss my views in more detail with you over private message. I think you'll find that they're a lot more nuanced than what I simply presented above.

Edited by Cappybara

The show theme sounds like something that would lend itself to something a little more sleek and modern, last years looked very show specific to me. But what do I know. :P

I hope they get rid of the epaulets. IMO the uniform is really attractive but the epaulets didn't look quite right.

• Like 2

I’ve preferred late 80s/early 90s SCV (2014/13) more than their attempts at late 90s SCV (2010/11)

Feel like they hit their stride again

For me, it's not so much that they lost their stride as much as they lost the ability to mesmerize the crowds. In both 2011 and 2012, SCV competed at BAC's Lawrence, MA show. In 2011, the response to the show was polite, but more a recognition of SCV being SCV. "Devil's Staircase" was an intricate show, but not very exciting. In 2012, from the first note to last the crowd was ecstatic. 2013 and 2014 continued this trend.

Physician heal thyself following your own advice previously on SCV thread. You said, "Just stop [using one of] them... Simple solution." :-p

What are your initial impressions of brass? Can they compete with BD; Crown; Cadets in brass?

Would be curious to know to, that was their major weakness last year and what they need to clean up to move up.

I enjoyed their past 2 years far more than Devils Staircase and Bartok but really liked 2007, so no clue what to think, wait and see

I hope you keep posting here regardless of other posters.

Again, I really would not like to derail this thread as it would be unfair to all the SCV fans in here. But once I get some time, I'd be happy to discuss my views in more detail with you over private message. I think you'll find that they're a lot more nuanced than what I simply presented above.

ugiIyiv.png