SCV 2015

Well, still a cool sound nonetheless. Thanks for the clarification.

An actual Theremin would be extremely cool, and very appropriate for this year's show. Loved it when Jersey Surf used an actual Hammond B3 in their Soul Surfin' show a few years back instead of a Hammond B3 synth patch.

Regardless - saw the video of SCV's show from last night, and this is a very cool show. I'm looking forward to seeing it live and also how it develops throughout the season!

As far as i can tell its still a theramin, but it comes with some more customizable things than a regular one. Their Facebook page posted about it actually.

When you hear that cool, eerie sound in our show.. this is where it's coming from! It's called a Theremini and you can learn more about it here:http://www.moogmusic.com/prod…/etherwave-theremins/theremini

10563128_10153347648225336_8290685716531

I checked out Amazon for Theremin. There seem to be a few available.

I think I need to take Theraflu before ordering a Theremin.

This. This is the show. That I have been waiting. And waiting. And waiting for with this staff. It has arrived, they're going to medal. I don't know who they'll knock out, but this show is just fantastic on every single level. The brass is so much improved, percussion as good as ever. Color Guard is fantastic in design and performance. Peter Weber drill is his best in years. Finally a Shaw book that sounds unique but still like him. This is an amazing show, easily up there in my favorites already. Best SCV since 1999? I think so.

• Like 6

So! Quick awesome thing I noticed, although likely a coincidence. The first big hit happens on a set with the same electric schematic as an inductor. In very simplified terms, and inductor is a coil of wire that resists current initially via magnetic fields. So when you apply a voltage, the current at the first instant is zero. It then build ups exponentially to the current that would be there if it were just a wire. So after a second or so it would be .5 amps going through the inductor, and then 1 amp, and then finally reach its maximum amperage. This is really similar to how the show builds musically! It starts slow, and builds and hits right in the inductor set!

This is a pretty simplified explaination, and it's a good one either, but I thought it was pretty cool. Once again, this probably wasn't intentional, but I think it is cool!

Me, and everyone else at the show it seemed, were VERY impressed with what SCV has to offer this year. I'm a little biased as I love SCV in general but wow are they powerful.

PM me for SCV/BD DCI West Goodies... if you catch my drift.