SCV 2015

I think the show has a lot of potential, but there are several pacing issues as is that would keep them out of medal contention if not addressed. Pretty strong writing through the ballad, but the end needs some attention, which certainly isn't a surprise in June.

I have all the confidence in the world that the show will evolve for the better as the season goes on. With the apparent talent level in the corps, writing is going to be the determining factor with regards to how far this show goes.

It's really cool to see the brand of angry, late 90's SCV that I fell in love with somewhat reinvented. Can't wait to see them live this weekend.

I think the show has a lot of potential, but there are several pacing issues as is that would keep them out of medal contention if not addressed. Pretty strong writing through the ballad, but the end needs some attention, which certainly isn't a surprise in June.

I have all the confidence in the world that the show will evolve for the better as the season goes on. With the apparent talent level in the corps, writing is going to be the determining factor with regards to how far this show goes.

It's really cool to see the brand of angry, late 90's SCV that I fell in love with somewhat reinvented. Can't wait to see them live this weekend.

Agreed, when I watched and listened to the show I immediately thought of 99.

Glad they've come back into that space. I've enjoyed shows of the past years but that 90's era was special with the shows the put out and the cohesiveness of the design.

I really enjoyed the brass writing (no surprise) and how they set things up. Loking forward to seeing how this progresses

I like the description of angry, late 90's SCV. When watching this show for the first time this season I immediately felt the vibe/style of 1997/1998 (leaning more towards 98). Great shows and excellent company for the 2015 production. Here's to hoping for a medal finish this year!

Edited by scvphan

By finals they need to figure out how to get electricity arcing between those props. That'd be the GE trick to end all GE tricks.

• Like 2

I've re-watched the Stanford show a few times and just have to say wow what a horn line they have this year! This has to be one of their strongest since...I honestly don't know how long. Perhaps this is an over-reaction to an early season performance (and not an in-person viewing either) but to my ears I'm hearing an intensity, volume, and balance we've not heard from this corps since maybe 2004 or the late 90s?! Maybe it's that whole "angry SCV" vibe...whatever it is, it's awesome to hear!

What a slugfest it's going to be among the top 5 this year. Get your popcorn ready!

• Like 3

I've re-watched the Stanford show a few times and just have to say wow what a horn line they have this year! This has to be one of their strongest since...I honestly don't know how long. Perhaps this is an over-reaction to an early season performance (and not an in-person viewing either) but to my ears I'm hearing an intensity, volume, and balance we've not heard from this corps since maybe 2004 or the late 90s?! Maybe it's that whole "angry SCV" vibe...whatever it is, it's awesome to hear!

What a slugfest it's going to be among the top 5 this year. Get your popcorn ready!

From what i heard on dci live, its definitely the best that i've heard since ive followed dci. 2009 is the only one that comes close, to me. I didnt follow dci in 1999 so i can't compare it to then.

I am impatiently waiting to see how this hornline developes come August when i will see them live. The top 5 will be tight in several captions this year, brass being one of them.

Just re-watched the ballad, and I caught something else. Their are SONAR pings coming from the pit during the soloist. Guess who basically invented SONAR? Clever SCV!

sorta like the show, but really don't need to hear electronic zapping noises.

"tesla invented it, let's throw it in!" is really not that clever a design strategy, in my opinion (no matter how cool all things tesla-related are).

drums are jammin though. i like rennick's book this season more than last.

sorta like the show, but really don't need to hear electronic zapping noises.

"tesla invented it, let's throw it in!" is really not that clever a design strategy, in my opinion (no matter how cool all things tesla-related are).

drums are jammin though. i like rennick's book this season more than last.

Who said it had to be "clever"? As long as it's relevant to the show (which it is), it's probably going to help them more than hurt them.

Edited by JohnZ
inappropriate flamebaiting removed