SCV 2015

It's really cool to see the brand of angry, late 90's SCV that I fell in love with somewhat reinvented.

Agreed, when I watched and listened to the show I immediately thought of 99.

When watching this show for the first time this season I immediately felt the vibe/style of 1997/1998 (leaning more towards 98).

Maybe it's that whole "angry SCV" vibe...whatever it is, it's awesome to hear!

Alright, now I'm hyped.

Are people trying to add a vanguard yell before the first hit or is this the thing. The yell hasn't been around for a while now.

The Vanguard yell was in the 2013 show. And I've noticed some other traditions I haven't seen in a few years, such as the green plumes for age-outs during the finals performance and the cymbal "V."
  • Like 1

Are people trying to add a vanguard yell before the first hit or is this the thing. The yell hasn't been around for a while now.

The vanguard yell was in 2011, 12, and 13's productions.

The Vanguard yell was in the 2013 show. And I've noticed some other traditions I haven't seen in a few years, such as the green plumes for age-outs during the finals performance and the cymbal "V."

Green plumes for ageouts is still happening, it's just not every show. Look at finals from last year for example:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oXGA2RZbsj0/U-mkHc1laJI/AAAAAAAAEv0/PoVQ2FG7L6I/s1600/IMG_3037.JPG

And with the quiet ending last year, it was kind of impossible to use the V with the cymbal line. I know it was done during retreat.

• Like 1

IMcomguy, what I meant with the green plumes was that the age-out members are not marching the show itself in Finals with their green plumes on. I don't believe that has happened since 2012. And regarding the cymbal V, I agree with what happened for 2014, but the 2013 show ended with a loud chord. That was a missed opportunity for the cymbals to do their signature ending pose.

Hey, is SCV still marching ridiculously segmented drill at ridiculously small intervals? Are they, at one point in the show, doing something that looks like 128 counts of follow the leader in a huge arc?

Call me when they stop making ridiculous visual design choices and the visual book matches the visual instruction (which is awesome), guard (which is awesome), music book (which is awesome), percussion (which is awesome), and brass (which is awesome).

I've never seen a group so blind to the fact that they are ONE staff change away from jumping into the next tier.

• Like 1

IMcomguy, what I meant with the green plumes was that the age-out members are not marching the show itself in Finals with their green plumes on. I don't believe that has happened since 2012. And regarding the cymbal V, I agree with what happened for 2014, but the 2013 show ended with a loud chord. That was a missed opportunity for the cymbals to do their signature ending pose.

Wasn't the V earlier in the show in 2013?