SCV 2015

Most of the time now, SCV only tops BD in Percussion. So even if SCV got more credit for the demanding drill this season, they would still be out of medal contention.

SCV has not medaled more than once in the last 15 years. Not sure what SCV needs to get them back into medal contention, but I'd like to see it happen again one of these upcoming years.

Steal Crowns Brass & Guard Caption Head, Steal BD's entire staff...

• Like 2

Steal Crowns Brass & Guard Caption Head, Steal BD's entire staff...

Take them hostage, blindfold them, hold them for ransom ( oh just kidding... somewhat.... lol!)

• Like 2

Way to go Jonz on the percussion win in Massilon. Keep the momentum up thru Finals!

After seeing the brass results of the past few shows, it looks like it's time for changes in the brass caption. BK beat them in content last night. I really thought bringing in JD Shaw was gojng to have a huge affect on that caption. Looks like SCV may be 6th in brass at finals. Is it the techs or is it the book they're playing?

After seeing the brass results of the past few shows, it looks like it's time for changes in the brass caption. BK beat them in content last night. I really thought bringing in JD Shaw was gojng to have a huge affect on that caption. Looks like SCV may be 6th in brass at finals. Is it the techs or is it the book they're playing?

Phantom will gladly take back JD if you don't want him ;)

The corps needs a winning concept that can allow each aspect of the design be used to its fullest. This was the closest year in a while in terms of concept, and i think in a different year when the rest of the top 5 isn't so close and strong, this show could have medaled.

I was at Allentown last night, your show was amazing, so much better than when watching on video. It's the type of show you need to see in person to appreciate. I was very impressed how the members handled the electronic hic ups and recovered. Very entertaining, high energy show, loved the drill and the music, and of course the percussion was amazing. You were absolutely the crowd favorite, everyone was screaming and standing before it even finished. I can't see why you're not being rewarded more for such a demanding drill routine, as opposed to the BD who seem to stand still so much of the time. Anyway, I'm rooting for you to move up in the scores next week!

Go Crown!

Lets bash BD so you can make a point. Right on.

To my ear it’s a bit of both but I’d lean toward having a better book. I was expecting stronger books from JD. Last year they handed way too much off of the music to the Front Ensemble for my tastes while they had the horns doing visual which didn’t pay off as much as they may have hoped. I feel they are unbalanced the past few years, too much music is being given to the drum line and too much of the show is designed around the drum line at the expensive of the brass.

This show is interesting but it feels more effect than musical

• Like 1

Thanks for the response cowtown.

As a drum guy I'm obviously thrilled with having Renick on the staff and would love to see them get another Sanford trophy. Just wondering where the issue might be in the brass caption. I would take a little less drum line features to move up the ranks....but only a little :>)