SCV 2015

This sounds great, people who have been wanting them to get away from the throwback/retro kinda shows the past few years should be pleased. If you had asked me if Vanguard would be playing "Pure Imagination" I'd have called you crazy. I love the fact they're doing something that I wouldn't typically associate with them (Phantom Regiment 2005 anyone?) Couldn't find Virus Attack anywhere, bought it on itunes. That's going to be VERY interesting to see how they put it on the field. That's a great opportunity for them to use some electronics in a piece that's built around them. This show can and should be because of its thematic nature....innovative. Lots of really cool directions they could take this, a lot. Tesla's a bad ###, my feelings of which are very well summed up in this comic.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

I'm really excited about this, Pure Imagination and Virus Attack could prove to be very cool and fresh pieces for them.

I'm glad I know that Thomas Edison was a dbag now.

• Like 1

I really, really, really hope they have some tesla coil on the field that plays music... I really really hope that happens...

• Like 1

I wonder (and hope) if they will ditch the one off uniforms from the last couple of years and return to a more traditional uniform? Those shoulder board thingies just looked dumb.

• Like 1

I wonder (and hope) if they will ditch the one off uniforms from the last couple of years and return to a more traditional uniform? Those shoulder board thingies just looked dumb.

I think they were attached with Velcro. During one of the FN shows last year you could see that one of the members lost one - I think it fell off during the show.

Perhaps, but rarely, if ever, have I been put off by what SCV wears for show costuming in any season. Last season for example, their intelligent use of color with the Guard costuming was nothing less than spectacular, imo.

• Like 1

I'm glad I know that Thomas Edison was a dbag now.

Edison (and his patent enforcing goons) also played a large role in why the film industry escaped out west to California.
  • Like 1

Just remember that Edison did make a lot of important innovations himself (You can't get that many patents just by stealing them) like the commercially viable light bulb, telegraph, and photograph. And Tesla wasn't morally perfect, either. He believed in eugenics.