SCV 2015

SCV was working on their ballad. A little Willy Wonka flavor. (Serious, but it works.) It's the tune, "Come with me, and you'll be, in a world . . ."

"Pure Imagination" is the title. It's been played by a few other corps, perhaps most notably by Jersey Surf in 2012 and Fusion Core in 2014. (It was also a recurring motif in Southwind's 2005 show.)

Thanks for the report!

I have a feeling that SCV will be one of the bigger surprises this year. With all the hype and spin about much of the World Class field, I'm curious as to how Santa Clara is able to keep things (mostly) under wraps until the first show.

Vanguard sharing info about their show, apparently there is more description to come. This describes the overall theme and the first movement of four.

http://blog.scvanguard.org/2015/06/16/a-viewers-guide-to-the-spark-of-invention/

I can DEFINITELY get behind the Tesla idea. With their uniform pictures and this start of a description of their show I'm wondering their uniform isn't going to evolve through the show somehow. We'll see. Great to finally be hearing some stuff about this show, this could be awesome.

• Like 2

It would be interesting for SCV to explore the formal arguments Tesla had with Marconi over the invention of the radio. There is not time for this idea, but it is definitely a detail of history that is worth exploring.

Vanguard sharing info about their show, apparently there is more description to come. This describes the overall theme and the first movement of four.

http://blog.scvanguard.org/2015/06/16/a-viewers-guide-to-the-spark-of-invention/

I can DEFINITELY get behind the Tesla idea. With their uniform pictures and this start of a description of their show I'm wondering their uniform isn't going to evolve through the show somehow. We'll see. Great to finally be hearing some stuff about this show, this could be awesome.

I want to like this show but that announcement…

Typical of that sort of stuff but it’s even more corny in June

Rather than tell a narrative of Tesla’s life, we aim to capture the essence of his knack for invention through taking risks and making bold choices with our staging, musical selection, and equipment. We embrace that inventive spirit by pushing the boundaries of where we’ve gone before. Taking something familiar to everyone and putting a fresh spin on it.

seriously?

It's so gwah

• Like 1

I want to like this show, but that announcement . . . Typical of that sort of stuff, but it’s even more corny in June.

"Rather than tell a narrative of Tesla’s life, we aim to capture the essence of his knack for invention through taking risks and making bold choices with our staging, musical selection, and equipment. We embrace that inventive spirit by pushing the boundaries of where we’ve gone before. Taking something familiar to everyone and putting a fresh spin on it."

Seriously? It's so gwah.

Why not suggest a better paragraph that SCV could use, or pick a show from a past season that you really liked, and give us your description? Or link to an example of a corps' actual show description that you like.

. With all the hype and spin about much of the World Class field, I'm curious as to how Santa Clara is able to keep things (mostly) under wraps until the first show.

They used the spark of inventiveness to accomplish it, silly.

Silicone Waffles

More likely Silicone Wafers.

• Like 1