SCV 2015

Does anyone know if that is an actual Theremin that is being used or a synth-produced Theremin sound?

I don't even know what a Theremin looks like.

I'm pretty sure Vanguard used a Theremin sound in their 2010 show "Devil's Staircase."

Edited by Lincoln

Does anyone know if that is an actual Theremin that is being used or a synth-produced Theremin sound?

Its a theramini produced by moog.

• Like 1

Glad to see (from the video on the Clovis thread that got taken down) that SCV got their entire show on the field this year, as opposed to recent years in which, well, that wasn't the case.

Also, if anyone did get around to watching the SCV video before it got taken down, you likely heard the eerie arrangement of "Pure Imagination," which sounds quite a bit like the version recorded by Fiona Apple a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BkBGdnUNSk

And Lincoln, here's a little history about the theremin from an NPR segment released in 2000.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Its a theramini produced by moog.

Well, still a cool sound nonetheless. Thanks for the clarification.

An actual Theremin would be extremely cool, and very appropriate for this year's show. Loved it when Jersey Surf used an actual Hammond B3 in their Soul Surfin' show a few years back instead of a Hammond B3 synth patch.

Regardless - saw the video of SCV's show from last night, and this is a very cool show. I'm looking forward to seeing it live and also how it develops throughout the season!

Edited by Quad Aces