SCV 2015

Is everything after the drumbreak new or with a BUNCH of additions since DCI West? All that is absolutely mesmerizing, the tension that builds throughout all of that to the final chord is just absolutely explosive. I'm in love.

Did you check your messages/inbox? You know... so you can perhaps... review/relive some shows.

EDIT: But yeah, it seems like there is a crapload of major changes in the second half, which sort of explains why their score has seemed relatively stagnant. With drill like theirs, it's incredibly hard to clean.

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 1

Did you check your messages/inbox? You know... so you can perhaps... review/relive some shows.

EDIT: But yeah, it seems like there is a crapload of major changes in the second half, which sort of explains why their score has seemed relatively stagnant. With drill like theirs, it's incredibly hard to clean.

I have. :ninja:

THANK YOU!!!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Attended SCV's practice in Norman, OK tonight. They're sounding really awesome this year. A very tight-knit vibe from the group this year - compared to what I've seen from SCV at this mid-July rehearsal in the past. They spent a couple hours as a full ensemble cleaning their closer and working on some new choreography. Their drill is amazing - even moreso in person. So much movement in such little space. Enjoyed a full run through and a surprise performance of Clowns to close rehearsal.

Best moment of the night: following a run-through of their closer a little girl (maybe 4 years old or so) yelled out "Wow that was REALLY loud!" I think much of the corps heard it and the whole audience burst out in laughter. A fun moment for all.

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 3

Dang I feel like SCV is just stuck in position 4/5 the last few years. What are they doing that's keeping them from breaking into medal position? They seem sooo good this year but they are just stuck. :-(

I am an SCV homer through and through and it's been a struggle being a fan that past decade. Their mediocre placements over the years can be attributed to these reasons:

1) Rise of the Bluecoats and Crown made SCV's permanent fixture in the top 4 a thing of the past

2) Brass program has been consistently lacking compared to its peers (constantly changing captions heads the past 10 years made sure of this).

3) Show design from '06-'14 (save a few exceptions, mainly '09 and '13) were often cheesy (scheherazade part 2, Eureka!), underdeveloped (devils staircase, bartok, music of the starry night) or ill-conceived (3three).

4) SCV's lackluster results made keeping or recruiting the best performers harder to do (especially with the Blue Devils just a stone's throw away).

I hope 2015 indicates a turning of the tide for the organization.

Dang I feel like SCV is just stuck in position 4/5 the last few years. What are they doing that's keeping them from breaking into medal position? They seem sooo good this year but they are just stuck. :-(

I feel that their visual designs aren't quite in sync with the rest of the activity at the moment ( what is rewarded the most), even though I find it extremely engaging. Also, there not that far out of it; it's just that there are 4 other corps also in their scoring bracket this year.

Brass is weak and visually their drill seems to be holding them back. You can't march 1 step interval drill and expect it to be as clean as other corps by Finals.

Brass is weak and visually their drill seems to be holding them back. You can't march 1 step interval drill and expect it to be as clean as other corps by Finals.

It looks like the tightened interval drill is becoming their identity. It is unique to them at the moment.

It actually reminds me of the Garfield Cadets after Zingali joined and they introduced their new drill style. The intervals were tight as well but up to that point nothing like it had been seen and there was nothing to compare it to.

• Like 1