SCV 2015

Tesla coils and corps sashes lit up during the organ/synth part right before the last big push tonight in Little Rock. The crowd sounded like it went nuts!

Very nice! But how well will this work in a brightly lit domed stadium? I saw two very effective uses of lighting last year. One was Minnesota Brass's drums and large globular prop at DCA Finals last year (the only time they used it, I think) and the other was Turpin High School's props and drums at various OMEA contests. But in both cases, the venues were noticeably darker than the interior of Lucas Oil.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I'm sure they have that figured out as bands have done this before in BOA

Very nice! But how well will this work in a brightly lit domed stadium? I saw two very effective uses of lighting last year. One was Minnesota Brass's drums and large globular prop at DCA Finals last year (the only time they used it, I think) and the other was Turpin High School's props and drums at various OMEA contests. But in both cases, the venues were noticeably darker than the interior of Lucas Oil.

I went to BOA Grand National Finals in 2012, and 3 out of the 12 finalist bands used LED lights. I could see them fine from the upper deck, so I don't think we'll have any problems with seeing SCV's lights at the Oil Can.

Tesla coils and corps sashes lit up during the organ/synth part right before the last big push tonight in Little Rock. The crowd sounded like it went nuts!

Just as long as we don't see large, backstand banners fall from the sky or faces of people we can't recognize appear on tarps on the field, or various renditions of SCV uniform/labcoats at the close of the show. Otherwise, I'm okay with it.

Just as long as we don't see large, backstand banners fall from the sky or faces of people we can't recognize appear on tarps on the field, or various renditions of SCV uniform/labcoats at the close of the show. Otherwise, I'm okay with it.

"Who you lookin' at, Willis?"

Edited by xandandl

I watched the show online last night and on the 'tube that someone posted this morning, but I still can't see anything lit up. Oh well, I bet it will look cool live!

Not having seen the newly added "light up" near the end of their show I'm curious - at what point does it occur? There's a moment with just under a minute left in their show when their synth plays a sound effect of thunder...is it then or perhaps earlier? Just curious!

Not having seen the newly added "light up" near the end of their show I'm curious - at what point does it occur? There's a moment with just under a minute left in their show when their synth plays a sound effect of thunder...is it then or perhaps earlier? Just curious!

It when the drill set is four rays coming off from one point on the left side of the field, and the tesla coils are in an upside-down v formation, and there is a synth break

Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 2

It when the drill set is four rays coming off from one point on the left side of the field, and the tesla coils are in an upside-down v formation, and there is a synth break

Seems like this would be a good spot for the "Vanguard" yell. The crowd yells "Vanguard", to light up the corps, which in turn "lights up" the crowd!

• Like 3