Happy Birthday, Mr. President!

Here it is after 4 p.m. on the East Coast, the markets have already closed and not one poster on DCP has yet to mention the fabulous music of the Cadets '14 or the extremely clever visuals of Troopers '14 in their tributes for today is Mr. Lincoln's Birthday. (2/12)!!!

O how fickle art these fans!

Shame on you who saw the title and immediately remembered M. Monroe. :music:

• Like 1

That Cadets show was overshadowed by the albatross of a prop on the front sideline. Also, on the CDs you can here the narrator walking up the steps at times. The drumline was lost in the shuffle by poor staging, IMHO.

• Like 2

That Cadets show was overshadowed by the albatross of a prop on the front sideline. Also, on the CDs you can here the narrator walking up the steps at times. The drumline was lost in the shuffle by poor staging, IMHO.

Ironic that even with those perceived disadvantages, they were basically the silver medal show all summer, except for the final night. On my transcoded BluRay files, the " albatross" is less important than the quality of the marching and playing, and the battery which cut through quite well from their remote staging.

• Like 1

Not sure what your self-appointed critique has to do with honoring Mr. Lincoln on 2/12 other than another expression of your Cadet-bashing. I thought Lincoln preached respect and freedom.

Too bad your negativity couldn't at least applaud The Troopers.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I listened to my CD's, but backwards. Funny thing...I distinctly heard the narrator intone "Abe is Dead...Abe is Dead...Abe is Dead...."

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 4

Here it is after 4 p.m. on the East Coast, the markets have already closed and not one poster on DCP has yet to mention the fabulous music of the Cadets '14 or the extremely clever visuals of Troopers '14 in their tributes for today is Mr. Lincoln's Birthday. (2/12)!!!

I'm sorry, but we are all afraid of mentioning anything regarding Drum Corps for fear of the copyright mafia catching wind of it and taking it out on our families!!!

I couldn't hear the music The Cadets were playing for the most part. There was someone talking over most of it, and a curtain muffling it as well.

I couldn't hear the music The Cadets were playing for the most part. There was someone talking over most of it, and a curtain muffling it as well.

This is what he said. This is what tesmusic said.

After so many years of failure and mockery, can we at long last be done with narration?

Impossible, you say?

• Like 3