Vintage Barnum clips - 1964 / 1966

Hey all ... found this on YouTube ... clips of the 1964 Barnum Parade (Sky, Hurcs, Yankee Rebels, others) and the 1966 DCA Show toward to 10:30 min mark (I-men, Sky, Archie, Reading, YR, Scout House) ...

Good stuff to watch ... many pleasant memories for me personally ... Kennedy Stadium was brand new in 1964 ... I'm pretty sure the Barnum Parade was the 1st "event" ever there ... the parade ended with the corps/floats/whatever going around the track ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUsQfN7cD0

Grab a nice glass of wine and enjoy ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Hey all ... found this on YouTube ... clips of the 1964 Barnum Parade (Sky, Hurcs, Yankee Rebels, others) and the 1966 DCA Show toward to 10:30 min mark (I-men, Sky, Archie, Reading, YR, Scout House) ...

Good stuff to watch ... many pleasant memories for me personally ... Kennedy Stadium was brand new in 1964 ... I'm pretty sure the Barnum Parade was the 1st "event" ever there ... the parade ended with the corps/floats/whatever going around the track ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUsQfN7cD0

Grab a nice glass of wine and enjoy ...

Good stuff Andy....If Kennedy was there in 64'....why was the Barnum & WO at Hedges?

... Hurcs look huge filing into Kennedy.

The 60's were very good to the Hurcs (IMO) ... Stratford was on the way out and they were the only Sr game in CT for all practical purposes ... and let's not forget, the was the era where Sr's were the Major Leagues and Jr's were the Minors ... and what a Minor League system it was ... Hurcs made their "bones" in 62 when they started beating "name" corps like NY and Baltimore ... prior to that they were simply a good Northeast Circuit corps, ranked behind Carver, Amboy, I-men and Marksmen ... then all that changed ... 64 saw an influx of talent from St. Raphael's, Bpt. PAL and the New Britain Grenadiers ... this allowed Genero to build upon the success of 62 and 63 ... then came DCA ... and the 64 WO, which vaulted Shelton into the elite ... so ... as to the size thing in the parade video ... in 1964, the 4th of July fell on a Saturday ... what that meant is that all the corps in the show at night had to march in the afternoon parade ... therefore, they all had "full" corps ... did the parade ... went to practice a bit ... then competed that evening ... I would venture to say that the Hurcs probably had 44 or 48 brass in 1964 ... it was a great time for CT drum corps ...

64' Hurcs had 42 horns, 10 perc and 17 guard....

• Like 1

... Good stuff Andy....If Kennedy was there in 64'....why was the Barnum & WO at Hedges?

If I had to guess, it may have been contractual ... and ... I doubt the parking areas around the school (and the school itself) were ready for "shows" ... the school opened that September and, as I recall, a lot of "stuff" was still not completed ... the next year, 1965, the stadium hosted numerous dc shows including the Barnum and WO and just about every other Jr sponsored show in the city ...

who won that year ?

who won that year ?

64' Barnum was won by Sky....65' & 66' was the Bucs. I don't know why, but in 66' the Hurcs weren't at the Festival...curious!

Edited by fish66

64' Hurcs had 42 horns, 10 perc and 17 guard....

42 H U G E guys playing horns.