Official: Nightbeat moving to Winston-Salem for 2015

BB&T Field

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/facilities/wake-groves.html 

is an outstanding venue! One warning: Dining options near the facility are slim. Wake Forest University plans to make the area a mixed use neighborhood. Best way to get here from Charlotte is to take I-85 north to US 52, then follow the signs to the stadium. I-77 has way too much traffic and is not in great condition. Personal bias, we live less than a mile from the stadium so we're thrilled! It will be worth the extra drive.

Oh, and if you're passing by Greensboro and love cake, Maxie B's is where it's at. It's kind of out of the way from I-40, but nothing extreme. Clemmon's near WS also has a great place but the name escapes me.

This Northern Yankee recommends the Old Salem Restoration and Gardens if you have the time. The Moravian cuisine with the baking, especially the cookies makes it a worthwhile visit. The cookies are also sold so that you can take some for the ride home or off to the next show. No calories of course.

Edited by xandandl

Hmm, much closer to Raleigh (where I am) than Charlotte! I hope that means the practice sites will be in that area, too, and not still way down 77 toward Charlotte.

About the same but less traffic than Charlotte area (less time if you take Business 40 from Greensboro to W-S.. There are several high schools in Winston/Forsyth County that can host corps, some not too far from stadium.

I'm betting that a lot of corps will try and stay in the Charlotte area. It's only a 90 min drive to the stadium from Charlotte, and traffic on a Sunday will be non-existent. As for hotels, stay in Greensboro or Charlotte. There isn't a lot to choose from in Winston Salem, especially near the school. Friendly Center in Greensboro is a nice shopping center with some good restruants, "Lucky 32" is one of my favorite places to eat the in 'Boro, great upscale southern food (try the fired grit cakes). Stamey's is good old fashioned southern BBQ, and there are a few places in Lexington (names escape me). Give yourself a couple extra minutes to get to the stadium as it's a bit off the beaten path. Not a lot of food in and around the stadium area, but about four miles up the road is downtown Winston Salem, which has some great restaurants (including Mellow Mushroom). This will be a great show. Fantastic venue for drum corps, easier access to seats, and NO MORE TOKENS for food!!!

• Like 1

I'm betting that a lot of corps will try and stay in the Charlotte area. It's only a 90 min drive to the stadium from Charlotte, and traffic on a Sunday will be non-existent. As for hotels, stay in Greensboro or Charlotte. There isn't a lot to choose from in Winston Salem, especially near the school. Friendly Center in Greensboro is a nice shopping center with some good restruants, "Lucky 32" is one of my favorite places to eat the in 'Boro, great upscale southern food (try the fired grit cakes). Stamey's is good old fashioned southern BBQ, and there are a few places in Lexington (names escape me). Give yourself a couple extra minutes to get to the stadium as it's a bit off the beaten path. Not a lot of food in and around the stadium area, but about four miles up the road is downtown Winston Salem, which has some great restaurants (including Mellow Mushroom). This will be a great show. Fantastic venue for drum corps, easier access to seats, and NO MORE TOKENS for food!!!

+1 for Stameys BBQ. Rumor has it the ACC sports commissioners selected to meet in Greensboro just so they could eat at Stameys.