Who will make the biggest jump this season?

This thread opens an interesting window on human psychology. Almost all "I think the following corps will improve" comments have referenced:

1. Spirit of Atlanta
  2. Carolina Crown
  3. Pioneer
  4. Oregon Crusaders
  5. Madison Scouts
  6. Boston Crusaders
  7. Troopers, and
  8. Phantom Regiment

What do those eight corps all have in common? They did the OPPOSITE of climb last season, falling 6, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1 and 1 places respectively. Are we hearing rationally-based predictions of "jumping"? Or merely hopefulness that the corps make up for last season?

Interestingly, 11 corps maintained the same ranking from 2013-2014, and not ONE of them was predicting in this thread to jump up.

• Like 6

This thread opens an interesting window on human psychology. Almost all "I think the following corps will improve" comments have referenced:

• Spirit of Atlanta
  • Carolina Crown
  • Pioneer
  • Oregon Crusaders
  • Madison Scouts
  • Boston Crusaders
  • Troopers, and
  • Phantom Regiment
What do those eight corps all have in common? They did the OPPOSITE of climb last season, falling 6, 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1 and 1 places respectively. Are we hearing rationally-based predictions of "jumping"? Or merely hopefulness that the corps make up for last season?

Interestingly, 11 corps maintained the same ranking from 2013-2014, and not ONE of them was predicting in this thread to jump up.

I think it is quite rational to think that a corps that often places higher than it did last year might once again place higher than it did last year.

• Like 3

Look out for the Colts! They're off to a great start so far this winter! Program that is planned sounds amazing!

You know, in my opinion, for years, the Colts always had a full corps and were talented but their shows just didn't do anything, then last year's show was really cool. If they can do that again, they'll definitely be clawing for the coveted Top 12.

You know, in my opinion, for years, the Colts always had a full corps and were talented but their shows just didn't do anything, then last year's show was really cool. If they can do that again, they'll definitely be clawing for the coveted Top 12.

From what we have seen so far, the sky is the limit this year with the concept given to the corps.

Edited by Front Ensemble Dad

like every year, no more than 3 World Class Division Corps will move up or down more than 3 placement positions this season.

As to who will have the biggest placement jump, that's mostly a wish for thing, as nobody knows how the Corps around them in the pecking order will do this season.

Edited by BRASSO

It was pretty cool to see BK jump 2 places last season. It would be awesome to see them jump 2 more this season. But I'll be happy if they only increase their scores over last year, even if they stay in 8th place.

Edited by Herk

I can see Oregon Crusaders making a 3-4 position jump too.

Based on a much needed bolstering of staff this year, I concur!

If any one will make a jump that means other corps will have to fall. I guess the real questions is which corps will fall from the top 12 to make room for the jumpers?

I know this will be unpopular but I think Bluecoats drop. I also think Blue Knights drop. Same reason: I don't think either corps' GE will be what it was last year.