Oregon Crusaders 2015 Show Announcement

When I saw the show title and what it was about, along with the repertoireI knew this would be a successful program. And with the corps getting things going a bunch earlier, I really hope I get a chance to see this live.

• Like 1

I've seen a full met-less run-through on the corps' private facebook subscription page called "OCVIP". All I can say is WOW - and it's gonna clean baby.

Without getting into specifics, I'll just say OC is on another level this year. The sound, the look, the feel. They have taken a turn back toward the traditional - which I think was an excellent move for them.

Can't WAIT for all the action to start.

I saw that! Music is sounding great. Clearly a lot of improvement over last season.They seem thin at guard though.

Yeah guard always seems to be the bugaboo for OC but they've beefed up staff and hopefully, hopefully the guard can preen their way into the decorating force that will help elevate this corps to the next level. The design is definitely there for them this year (which was part of the problem last year.)

I love this show more every time I watch it. With an absolutely delightful arrangement, the brass is sounding focused and more like the brass of 2012, even stronger. The battery is killing it as usual. The marching is coming along nicely as well, and early on.

This Sunday is the preview gala and I'm going with my son who just aged out last year. It will be great to sit with him and hear all he has to say. They're first judged show is Drums of Fire, McMinnville OR, July 2.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Very excited to see them, there hasn't been a show I haven't really enjoyed of theirs since 2009. Honestly they're only a few tweaks away from fighting with 15th and above, hoping they can push up there this year!

Also need them to start for my fantasy drum corps in A class. lol

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I really loved the direction they have been going the last 3-4 years. Is this show a departure from that? Regardless, I'm sure I'll still enjoy OC tremendously. Is there a new program coordinator this season?

No, not a departure away from great quality - just not such a "dark" theme, no additions of unusual solo instruments/voice or that type of push-the-envelope thing. That's what I meant about more traditional. Although - three-quarter time always makes marching interesting... anyway, I think the show really works - but of course I'm a total homer. We'll see on July 2!

And yes, new program coordinator this year, not new to the organization however.

Edited by luv4corps

Thanks for the info, Luv.

I'm glad you put "dark" in parenthesis. That was never my impression of OC, however, I can see how some (flawed) people might think that. Even though 2013 dealt with death I found it very life affirming. I remember messaging you and gushing about that show. I guess 2014 could have been considered "dark" subject matter.

• Like 1

Hey luv4corps! It'll be a great show; OC is really taking it to a new level everyday w/ some awesome music and visual changes. Although it's my rookie year and I may be a bit of a homer since I am marching OC (haha), but the progress is promising and quite breathtaking.

Edited by DWilliams
  • Like 2

Hey luv4corps! It'll be a great show; OC is really taking it to a new level everyday w/ some awesome music and visual changes. Although it's my rookie year and I may be a bit of a homer since I am marching OC (haha), but the progress is promising and quite breathtaking.

Indeed. I can't wait! Usually I have seen some run-throughs in person by now, but camp is a little farther away this year and since I don't have a son marching anymore, it hasn't been feasible to get down there. But I sense the new level. It is palpable.

I think the thing I'm most impressed with so far is HOW WELL YOU ALL ARE MARCHING so early in the season. As much as I can see this on a little screen, it really looks that way. Nice work! Go OCEEEE!

• Like 1