Oregon Crusaders 2015 Show Announcement

Can anyone tell me how to get on GCVIP? Signed up today and can't find a way in to it.

OCVIP is a facebook group and if you've paid, you request to join. The mods will accept you and then you're in!

Edited by luv4corps

The unveiling begins tonight - apparently many changes are already in place before departing for tour. I am sooo excited to see the show at the preview gala tonight. A little bit of rain and thunderstorm action going on. Fingers crossed. Been hotter than Hades here in the Pacific Northwest.

It's interesting to see other corps already competing - getting scored and ranked and slotted - and OC hasn't even been on the field in their uniforms yet!

I'm hoping this is a breakout year for OC. Last year was the best they've had since 2012 IMO. The had a rough weekend in indy last year and I'm hoping that things change for the better this year.

OCVIP is a facebook group and if you've paid, you request to join. The mods will accept you and then you're in!

I don't like the OCVIP system how it ties you into facebook. If this was a separate website I would subscribe.

I'm surprised no comments yet on the OC preview show tonight. I counted 130 members...4 drum majors, 15 front ensemble, 25 guard. 22 drum line, 64 brass. Don't know if there were any members sitting out. I was told there are 7 open brass spots. Hornline sounded very good, as did percussion. I liked the music selections that have been chosen. Weaknesses right now are visual which needs cleaning...normal for this time of the season. Guard is going to need lots of work which someone alluded to in an earlier post. If there isn't dramatic improvement I could see 3 or 4 open class guards scoring higher in that caption. The guard also hasn't gotten their show costumes so that will impact their score until those arrive. I'm going to need more views of the show to get a good feel for the show design. I was sitting too low in the stands but there is a lot of movement in the drill.

Sorry clown, I didn't take pics. I have limited opportunities to see the show this year and I was WATCHING and LISTENING with everything I had. I'm sure there will be plenty of pics on OC's facebook and VIP pages.

The brassline is already melting faces. Not gonna lie. That is where I see (hear) the most improvement. The brass cap head is doing a phenomenal job with new talent coming into the corps. Love the mellos this year - just a great sound. They are marching only 12 tubas but they seem to be getting the job done just fine! And I'm sure they'd welcome another lead trumpet or two.

As for total members, it is my understanding they plan on a full corps but I'm not certain of that at all. There were holes last night for sure.

The marching is going well for this early on. My son insists the drill is a tad easier than last year. I trust he probably knows what he is talking about but from an audience standpoint, it is a welcome change because it looks more doable, like this thing can clean. I like the way the design uses space on the field, a different look for OC - more classic shapes than we've seen in recent years. There are many dazzling moments with drill and use of props that are well placed and not overdone. The potential is definitely there to sell this thing in a BIG way.

If the color guard can achieve the levels that the brass and drumline are on their way to achieving, we have OC's best year ever.

Edited by luv4corps