BD International

Under Friday's DCI corps announcement section, check out the BD notice in their FB.

Did anyone who visits DCP try out? Had the pleasure to take part in one Tattoo with the 26th Yankee Division D&BC (my mos was as a sax player since we were an experiment with the 26th YD) during our two week annual training at Fort Drum, New York. Our number that night was Fanfare For The Common Man, but I forget where the tattoo was held. NY or Canada.

Anywho, this BD group is going to have a fantastic experience.

Edited by Ghost

Looking forward to BD International at the Basel Tattoo this coming summer...should be fascinating to see the design and music /drill choices BD makes for that venue.

Regarding American groups at Edinburgh's Tattoo, my old university band (half of it anyway) performed a somewhat watered down show there back in 1980 (after my time). I found a clip from one of their performances there, starts at about 48 minutes into the video:

http://youtu.be/3E_B8pTgnD8

Audience seemed to enjoy the old school marching and the playing was decent.

Edited by brichtimp

Just have to love what the commentator said just before the 53' mark. Hopefully Top Secret will have some new visuals.

http://baseltattoo.ch/en/baseltattoo/bands.html

I really dig Top Secret with their awesome showmanship and unique style of drum line; but after a few minutes of them, I find myself wanting to hear cleaner execution, even at the expense of some of the visual candy.