Preserve Our Corps Memories Gone?

Working on (and off) my database of older corps shows and checking shows that were recorded to add a show here and there. Looking at what's in History of Drum Corps Vol I, Fleetwood site, and DCW CDs. Went to look at the listings for Preserve Our Corps Memories which has things split by corps which makes show checking a bit more complex.

But... getting some weird results checking POCM with pages missing and a link from corpsreps just going into outer (web) space ("site is coming").... Plus last shows even listed (if not for sale) is 2010 that I can find.

Anyone know the status of POCM and Glenn?????

Shoulda checked out that Sleepy Eye show when I had the chance....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Not sure what problems you experienced ... I got into the site directly last night and all seemed okay ... even saw your "Sleepy Eye" reference ... who were they anyway? ...

Maybe it's the external links that were goofed up or, a temporary glitch if they were doing maintenance ...

Andy

Working on (and off) my database of older corps shows and checking shows that were recorded to add a show here and there. Looking at what's in History of Drum Corps Vol I, Fleetwood site, and DCW CDs. Went to look at the listings for Preserve Our Corps Memories which has things split by corps which makes show checking a bit more complex.

But... getting some weird results checking POCM with pages missing and a link from corpsreps just going into outer (web) space ("site is coming").... Plus last shows even listed (if not for sale) is 2010 that I can find.

Anyone know the status of POCM and Glenn?????

Shoulda checked out that Sleepy Eye show when I had the chance....

• Like 1

I can get to some of the pages but home page couldn't be found and checking the mp3 page sends me to order a CD page.

Brian Tolsman(sp?) told me one time that AL Post Sleepy Eye, MN wasn't well known but had someone who could really arrange for the single valve horns. When I subscribed to Bob Bellarosas East Coast Review Eastern Review he sent me a CD of religious music done by corps and one song was by Sleepy Eye from the early 50s or so. Will have to dig the CD out and listen again.

*sigh* Mr Timing (me) subscribed to ECR about 18 months before Bob passed..... enjoyed the issues while I got 'em....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Try contacting Dave Shaw through Holy Name's Alumni regarding where Bobby's recordings wound up ... most of the memorabilia wound up in the dumpster ... all of us that "contributed" to Eastern Review and DC Heritage did it out of love for Bobby ... I read the scores from 1952 so many times I thought I was there! ... LOL ... and to be listed in his "World DC Ratings" was a definite feather in a corps cap (or shako) ...

:-)

• Like 1

Try contacting Dave Shaw through Holy Name's Alumni regarding where Bobby's recordings wound up ... most of the memorabilia wound up in the dumpster ... all of us that "contributed" to Eastern Review and DC Heritage did it out of love for Bobby ... I read the scores from 1952 so many times I thought I was there! ... LOL ... and to be listed in his "World DC Ratings" was a definite feather in a corps cap (or shako) ...

Thanks Andy. Long story but 1949 Blair Post was listed in the ECR recordings list. I asked Bob B about it as I thought it might actually be Bair Post (aka Hanover Lancers) in their first year of field competition. Sadly that was in the pile of stuff that could no longer be found....

Jim ... these are terrific historical questions that you should not give up on ... keep asking different sources ... there's a guy in Clearwater, John Sheragy (aka Pookie) who marched with Sun and Sky and several NYC Jr corps ... he has about 6000+ recordings of corps (including rehearsal tapes) ... maybe Jim Mason (another collector) or Glenn Kubacki or Frank Dorittie can help out as well ...

You'd be AMAZED and the volume of "stuff" we've found on Sky in the past few years ...

YA GOTTA KEEP ASKIN' !!!!

• Like 1

Jim ... these are terrific historical questions that you should not give up on ... keep asking different sources ... there's a guy in Clearwater, John Sheragy (aka Pookie) who marched with Sun and Sky and several NYC Jr corps ... he has about 6000+ recordings of corps (including rehearsal tapes) ... maybe Jim Mason (another collector) or Glenn Kubacki or Frank Dorittie can help out as well ...

You'd be AMAZED and the volume of "stuff" we've found on Sky in the past few years ...

YA GOTTA KEEP ASKIN' !!!!

AMEN BROTHER... And never give up a chance to look at some old stuff when you get the chance.....

Saw "Harold Blair Post" years ago on Ron Allards srcorps site at 1949 Eastern States Championships at Hershey and never gave it a second thought. Then had a chance to snag a copy of Hanover Lancers history and saw that 1949 ES show listed. Too bad Ron can't remember where he got that show results. Would be interesting to me where the typo came from....

note to self: Found a 1950 or 1951 Eastern States Championship program on eBay while back. Need to scan and post that sucker. Archie and Reilly and York and Hanover, etc oh my....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I can get to some of the pages but home page couldn't be found and checking the mp3 page sends me to order a CD page.

Brian Tolsman(sp?) told me one time that AL Post Sleepy Eye, MN wasn't well known but had someone who could really arrange for the single valve horns. When I subscribed to Bob Bellarosas East Coast Review Eastern Review he sent me a CD of religious music done by corps and one song was by Sleepy Eye from the early 50s or so. Will have to dig the CD out and listen again.

*sigh* Mr Timing (me) subscribed to ECR about 18 months before Bob passed..... enjoyed the issues while I got 'em....

That arranger for Sleepy Eye was Pinky Schroepfer. Here's a link to some talk we had about Pinky and Sleepy Eye here on DCP back in 2009:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/121453-historic-drum-corps-treasures-at-my-local-thrift-shop/page-2

• Like 1

Just looked and that was Jan 2009 so *gasp* 6 years ago... Where does the time go....

• 4 months later...