Dumbest things drum corps peeps told you

The fix was in for Madison in 88. They told them which card to pick so they could win Finals.

( 2005) " those that are saying that someday trombones, violins, saxophones, rock guitars, etc and other conventional band instruments will find their way into DCI Drum Corps Field Competiition are acting ridiculous, and just being negative and causing unwanted, unneeded concern. These band instruments will be confined to just the I & E competition only, and we can take that to the bank."

• Like 1

"Two valves horn signal the end of drum corps and the beginning of marching band." -Gail Royer (I admit this is paraphrased, but Gail did rally pretty hard against two-valved instruments.

• Like 2

LOL and Hy Drietzer didn't care if they had 6 valves as long as it remained key of G.

Didn't like the 2v myself as unless you looked close it looked like a MB instrument,

"Two valves horn signal the end of drum corps and the beginning of marching band." -Gail Royer (I admit this is paraphrased, but Gail did rally pretty hard against two-valved instruments.

And that was the dumbest thing why? Seems to me he was right

• Like 1

And that was the dumbest thing why? Seems to me he was right

Because he fully embraced them and rode the change to one of the most successful periods in SCV's history? And before we chase this rabbit-hole about drum corps v. marching band, it was a short-sighted statement. Drum corps started sounding much better after the switch away from piston/rotor horns, and the 80s are usually viewed as the zenith of performance amongst most of this site's audience.

• Like 1

For all the "Bob Barker is dead" folks....

Obviously, he's not. LOL.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/bob-barker-the-price-is-right

I thought Bob Barker was dead... killed by Adam Sandler, but 'have to admit now, I was wrong.