Dumbest things drum corps peeps told you

For all the "Bob Barker is dead" folks....

Obviously, he's not. LOL.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/bob-barker-the-price-is-right

I guess octogenarian Fran Haring, a DCA legend in his own myth, likes hanging out with 91 yr. olds because it makes him feel young. Hey this is a World Class (junior corps) thread. :-p

I thought Bob Barker was dead... killed by Adam Sandler, but 'have to admit now, I was wrong.

nah... Barker kicked Sandlers butt in that movie..... Sadly Richard "Jaws/Mr Larson" Kiel passed last September....

• Like 1

This story is not so much about the "dumbness" of what was said but more about the need for an individual to be familiar with the audience they are addressing. It was August 1977 and a group of about 10 Boston Crusader's, myself included, walked into a Burger King in Denver, Colorado. As we walked through the door we were met with the sound of a woman quietly sobbing and slowly rocking herself back and forth as she sat in a booth. She was alone and she was obviously very distraught. When she noticed that we were looking her way she suddenly blurted out to us that "Elvis was dead!" Her announcement was met not so much with indifference, after all she was crying, but more along the lines of bewilderment. At first she seemed stunned by our lack of reaction but then, after a moment, she started to sob again only this time in a more demonstrative way as in "How can their be such a world in which their are those among us who care not for the King."

Later, as we ate our meals one of our younger Crusader's asked "Elvis is Elvis Presley, right?

Edited by Bsader

" You Saw Her Cryin in the Chapel "... " All Shook Up "... then " Fools Rush In, Where Angels Fear to Tread"..... The " Hound Dog "goes " From a Jack to a ( Burger ) King "... he's " Got a Lot o Livin' to Do " with that question... but " Now and Then Theres a Fool Such as ( him ) I ".

Edited by BRASSO

By the way, Elvis Presley is definately not dead. As a matter of fact, I saw him in 6 places in Las Vegas, Nevada one night recently. He looked pretty nimble for an 80 year older, I thought.

• Like 2

I'm sure that poor Woman in Denver will be happy to hear the news.

She's probably 48 years old now, has long forgotten Elvis Presley, and her 13 year old daughter is now asking her who the heck is this geezer rocker Elvis Costello that Dad is talking about.

Edited by BRASSO

"Elvis isn't dead, he just went home".

Tommy Lee Jones "Men In Black'

"You have a fantastic top 5 show that will easily score in the 90's once it comes together" - pep talk given to a dejected 1985 Crossmen by a DCI judge (GE I think) after the first week or so of tour when we were doing pretty lousy. (Missed finals and finished 17th).