Off Topic

Neil Degrasse Tyson is the only person I know who can (and does) describe what the human body would go through as it passed into a black hole in space -- then finish his description with "...and I think that would be a REALLY COOL way to go!!"

Since all of these threads tend to move off topic, let's see how seamlessly we can move off topic when we actually try.

I loved Crown's purple uniforms, so yes, I said it.

Which purple uniforms, the pants, the stripes, or the early 90's versions as a parade corps?

say a taxi driver objecting to picking someone up from a bar because their religion concerns

You mean I won't be able to stumble out of a bar drunk, refuse to be picked up by any of the 99 out of 100 taxis available, and force the one poor guy who isn't to violate his own religion?

If that is the case, then by all means DCI should deplete its limited resources by uprooting long term plans that it had otherwise concluded to be the best for DCI and risk its fragile resources searching for a location where every city, county and state law will be approved of by 100% of its fan base.

Or we could be adults, respect the democratic process, observe what happens, and then IF there is a problem that affects DCI and IF it is not corrected legisltatively and IF DCI cannot remedy it themselves then they can weigh it against all other factors in making a responsible decision.

Returning the thread to its appropriate off topic chain, I liked the Cadets show in 1999 and wonder if someone kept the taxi as a souvenir.

• Like 3

Neil Degrasse Tyson is the only person I know who can (and does) describe what the human body would go through as it passed into a black hole in space -- then finish his description with "...and I think that would be a REALLY COOL way to go!!"

Was that from a YouTube video? I saw him mention that on one. I would love to see him speak - one of the coolest humans on the planet and able to explain things in a way that makes me want to know more.

Edited by Lincoln

Carl Sagan admitted before his death that he did his best work while stoned.

I notice Tyson's name has "grass" in it.

A midget pointing at the sky and yelling "De Plane, De Plane!", and a stoned physicist named "De Grass" pointing at the sky, munching Doritos, and chanting "Look at all the holes!".

It's all a little fishy, isn't it?

Edited by garfield

Was that from a YouTube video? I saw him mention that on one. I would love to see him speak - one of the coolest humans on the planet and able to explain things in a way that makes me want to know more.

It was from one of his books. The title of the book was "Origins." GREAT book. GREAT read. From a GREAT mind.

Carl Sagan admitted before his death that he did his best work while stoned.

I notice Tyson's name has "grass" in it.

A midget pointing at the sky and yelling "De Plane, De Plane!", and a stoned physicist named "De Grass" pointing at the sky, munching Doritos, and chanting "Look at all the holes!".

It's all a little fishy, isn't it?

"My God -- it's full of stars!!!" (Not found in the movie, but was originally in the book.)

Edited by HornTeacher