ISO: Used Tuba near NJ

Cadet311

Looking for a used Tuba or two for a HS marching band. Willing to drive from NJ to surrounding states.

PM with info or post contact info here and I will email

• 2 months later...

Sousaphones, marching tubas, concert tubas? Budget? Tubas have far more variety than any other brass instrument, so you need to help us help you by giving more information about what the school's needs are. Budget is the most important, since even beat up school tubas can cost thousands of dollars. If you can post that I might be able to locate something near you that fills the needs of the band program. Probably not, but I can poke around. Also, are they willing to pay shipping? That will greatly magnify your/their choices. Also, have you tried searching all of CraigsList at once using SearchTempest? I use that a lot and it can be really helpful. Enter your zip code, select which category you want to search (for instance Musical Instruments) and enter some keywords and the mileage from you that you want to search. It will search all CraigsList locations within your selected distance. Very handy! If you simply enter "tuba" you will get a lot of hits, but some will be sousaphones, some will be concert tubas, very few will be marching tubas or decent quality convertible tubas (which I would avoid, anyway). Further, tubas are most commonly found used in BBb, which is what schools use, but they are made in four keys: F, Eb, CC and BBb, so you need to make sure you are looking *only* at BBb tubas. If you want any additional assistance, contact me via the private messages and I can give you some other places to look.

Good luck!

Wade

Yeah, I was a bit vague, wasn't I?

Looking for a contra or marching tuba. Located in Central NJ. Willing to drive a few hours to make it happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, can't help you with that, but now we have more information to use, and we bumped your thread back to the top three times. Oh, and are you looking for a donor horn or do you intend to buy? My place to look would be the For Sale and eBay forums at http://www.forums.chisham.com ... but if you want to contact a seller you have to join the group. It is free, though, so no problem with that. If you do not know the answers to the two challenge questions ask me here and I will give them to you.

There are no marching tubas for sale there today, but that does not mean this will be the case tomorrow or even later today. It is a pretty active For Sale forum.