Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

Also due to lack of nomination by previous poster I'm gonna do Colts.

Hit: Early 80's and Present Uniforms

80's

vk212.jpg

Present

07_30_2013_colts_600x300.jpg

Miss: 86-89 (Burger King Uniforms)

10_17_2008_colts_88.jpg

Nominating Boston

Edited by MelloMatt

I don't mind them. Certainly liked them more than this:

fe4120ed0231339a048d6a2e7a13aa03.jpg

This would probably be my vote for Phantom's miss. They look like bad WGI uniforms to me.

• Like 4

This one's interesting. I'm not exactly the biggest Phantom fan, and I really don't like their uniforms at all right now. I feel like the obvious choice for the hit would be the mid-90s all blacks, but I'm gonna hit you with the polar opposite side of the color spectrum—the 2011 whites were some of the sharpest, nicest uniforms in DCI history. It's a shame they went to that black crest mess the next year.

2fqx0WQ.jpg

These beauties were from Into the Light (2010)

These beauties were from Into the Light (2010)

Yeah, I don't know how I made that mistake. I think I was making a mental note about how Juliet (2011) was a big miss.

The Red Violin all-whites in 09 were really nice too, but I've always fondly remembered that really rad side sash from Into the Light.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte
  • Like 1

Colts.

Hit:

Present

07_30_2013_colts_600x300.jpg

Am I the only one here who truly loathes these uniforms? The fade went out of style nearly a half-decade beforehand, and I personally do not like the red to purple to black coloring, compounded by the fact that the put on fade ON A LEG STRIPE TOO!!! Also, the white at the top and the color split on the plume look clunky from every direction but head-on. The Colt Cadets uniform is a much sharper looking one, and I think it would have been better on the A corps.

EDIT: Also just noticed that my first Vanguard miss pic was changed for a broken link, and I must admit that the new pic is a tad more flattering for that look.

The link to the page with the original image is http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/uniformicons/. My opinion still stands, too much green. :tounge2:

Edited by MotoSurfBass
  • Like 1

The link to the page with the original image is http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/uniformicons/. My opinion still stands, too much green. :tounge2:

Holy cow, that website is straight out of the '90s

• Like 1

I loved the CrossChaChos

I Loved the Grey Devils

I loved the over ripe Bridgemen

I loved all the White Phantom unis

I love when the Cadets switched to poly/cotton blend (sorry Trama hasn't worn off)

I love SCV always!

I love the Blue Coats

• Like 2