Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

I want to take on BDB, but I can't find any pictures of them before the 2000's. I know they've been around a lot longer than that. I'm assuming they probably wore something similar to BD's classic open jackets, but I don't know. Does anybody have any pictures of them in uniforms before they came out with this one?

12_09_2013_bluedevilsb_2_600x350.jpg

The early to mid 90's uniforms are clearly the hit. Of course I'm biased as I wore that uniform from 1994-1998. Pioneer has had some good and some bad uniforms since mid 1998, but the white topped 90's unis are what I think of when I think of the corps.

Z

Amen. The old 90's ones were great. None of the uniforms since (khaki?) have compared as favorably...

Mike

BDB did have an open jacket that was blue/black with white sleeves. If you're a mediabox subscriber there are several videos, but I'm still looking for a free pic or vid. (Short version - they're... not good.)

Mike

Eureka! I've found one. This is BDB in 1998. I think this safely qualifies as a miss:

bdb1.jpg

As for the hit, I think they struck oil and gold with the look the've been sporting since 2012.

08_05_2014_bdb_1.jpg

It's very reminiscent of the design that the A corps started wearing in 1994, and kept wearing through 2003.

Next up (I saw somebody nominate them earlier and I thought it was a good idea), the DCE powerhouse,

THE COMPANY.

Edited by losnickes
  • Like 1

As an added bonus, here's BDB in 1999 with some much needed uniform changes:

bdb1.jpg

And here's BDC the same year:

bdc1.jpg

And as another bonus, here's SCVC from 1999:

scvcad1.jpg

• Like 1

I quite disliked BK's uniform this year. It went well with their show, but it just wasn't an agreeable look to me. Still a fantastic show and performance, though.

Edit: Also, for the record, I think 2014 was the best PR uniform since 2010.

You may be the only one that thinks that lol

THE COMPANY.

I don't know much about them... only seen them a couple of times. Their uniforms are pretty polarizing. I like these for the hits:

company_6_1.jpg

And I'll take these for the miss, almost entirely because of the ugly leopard print on the right sleeve.

1374019035ct0c21o17.jpg

Their cream Crown-esque uniform is pretty dope too, actually.

I'll nominate a corps that I miss desperately, and a corps I very nearly marched before they folded:

Southwind

Edit: I know they're technically back, but not like they were in their DCI heyday. Hope they continue to work back towards heading back to DCI touring.

Edited by FuriousSoundbyte

The Company...

Fantastic drum corps. Notice I did not say European corps, or little drum corps or any other word that would lessen what they are... simply a fantastic drum corps. Additionally, their members and staff are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

As an added bonus, here's BDB in 1999 with some much needed uniform changes:

bdb1.jpg

And here's BDC the same year:

bdc1.jpg

And as another bonus, here's SCVC from 1999:

I always liked the open jacked look on BD; actually like the C-corps best. And the guard HAS a uniform (which by definition, is UNIFORM), as opposed to the costumes designed around a theme.