Highest Attended DCA Show

Other Than the DCA Championships. What is the Largest Attended Show year after year?

I would say it used to be the Barnum ,now maybe the Grand Prix or DCA regionals.

What a terrific question ... in the 60's and 70's, it was easily The Dream in Roosevelt Stadium (~20,000 fans) ... then The Barnum (~9-10,000 fans) ... then Mission Drums and The Grand Prix ... current numbers? ... no clue ... 1,500 fans seems monumental now for a regular season show ... I'll admit, I haven't been to Reading's show lately - they may be the exception ... maybe some show sponsors can pony up the numbers ...

:-)

Other Than the DCA Championships. What is the Largest Attended Show year after year?

Used to be the party at "Town Hall" in Union City after The Dream.

Those Skyliners knew how to throw them back.

... Used to be the party at "Town Hall" in Union City after The Dream.

Those Skyliners knew how to throw them back.

Ah yes ... The Salderini Post ... home to the Skyliners from 1966 through 1983 or so ... I think the Nuns showed up in their station wagon one year looking for Bucky ... or maybe one of the priests ... gets fuzzy sometimes ... oh wait ... Fuzzy was the bartender ... oh my ... the mind fades ... between the Post, Johnson's Bar, The Bottom of the Barrel and the Bergenline Diner, pretty much the whole Union City area was taken over by Dream people ...

:-)

• Like 1

March of Champions at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium used to really pack them in too. Many thousands, year after year. Only problem there was trying to keep lines parallel to the sideline since the curved stands would take over your perception of the sideline ( first base line), leading to a lot of tics on the field and comments from the GE M&M judge way up in the stands.

Ray

• Like 3

March of Champions at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium used to really pack them in too. Many thousands, year after year. Only problem there was trying to keep lines parallel to the sideline since the curved stands would take over your perception of the sideline ( first base line), leading to a lot of tics on the field and comments from the GE M&M judge way up in the stands.

Ray

Great place to march - like the Dream at Roosevelt Stadium you had no idea of where you were relative to the sidelines, but a great crowd of appreciative fans.

Coldest showers in the friggin' Universe too.

Freeze the ##### off a brass monkey.

• Like 1

Ray

And that #### pitchers mound. Did an pre-show exhibition there for the 1975 show and thought clouds of dust + Yankee Rebels cream color unis could not be a good combination. Probably biggest regular season crowd I ever performed for. And freaking loud when the Rebs did their show.

LOL - beer and hot dog salesmen were hawking their wares during our show. Hershman had us judged so we could use the sheets.tapes to help our show and you could hear them on the tapes. Horn judge: "Well this must be pretty nice here. I say must be because the crowd is responding well. Too bad I can't hear anything because of this ### #### HOT DOG SALESMAN". Wish I could remember who it was.

• Like 1

Great place to march - like the Dream at Roosevelt Stadium you had no idea of where you were relative to the sidelines, but a great crowd of appreciative fans.

Coldest showers in the friggin' Universe too.

Freeze the ##### off a brass monkey.

Heh... years later, early 2000s, my wife Barbara ended up working at that very same building where those legendary ice-cold showers were located.

The old Eastern High School site. It had been converted into offices for the Johns Hopkins medical system's IT department, among other things.

No word on whether the showers were still there. LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring