Alexandria Linn

alexjlinn

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Alexandria Linn, and this is my final year to march!

I started marching drum corps back in 2007 with the Colt Cadets and their show, "Sold Out!", and I fell in love with everything to do with drum corps and color guard. I went into my first season at 13 years old, not even knowing one end of the flag pole from the other, but determined to do this for at least one season. I was hooked, and I came back in 2008. I marched with Colt Cadets up until 2011, earning a soloist position in their 2010 show, "The Sorcerer's Revenge," and it was one of the highest honors I could have been given. My senior year of high school, due to my experiences in drum corps, enabled me to march in the Macy's Great American Marching Band and the 2012 US Army All American Marching Band, both as members of the color guard. I also marched in my high school marching band, making captain my senior year as well as being a soloist in our marching band show, "The Beatles", and our winter guard show, "Scream". In 2012 I made the jump from Open to World Class and started marching with the Jersey Surf and their show, "Bridgemania". There, I found my dream corps and vowed to not go to a different corps. Here we are, in 2015, and it is my ageout year.

My age out year is probably the most important year I have marched, and I have encountered several financial difficulties for this season. My mother is disabled due to an accident that occurred over ten years ago, but took several years for the symptoms to manifest. Having moved out to the East Coast 2 years ago, this past fall I moved her out here for her own health, but this took a serious toll on our finances, as well as college expenses, especially with me graduating this year. It costs me about $100 for transportation to camps alone, not to mention all the other fees that goes into a drum corps lifestyle, especially when it comes to color guard. In the past, my mom has helped with my fees by making the flags, but this season it won't happen, as the move as taken a toll on her health.

Please help me make my age out happen. I have waited 8 years for this season, and it's everything that I've hoped for so far. I just now need the funds to get there.

You can make a donation at the following link, just mention my name (Alexandria Linn) and it will go towards my account. If you would like to contact me for more information, please do not hesitate to email either at lexialexandrialinn@gmail.com or ajlinn@student.luzerne.edu.

Thank you!

http://jerseysurf.org/product-category/donations/

Edited by alexjlinn