List/Info of Sr Corps Circuits

Pat, there was a Midwest Senior Association from 1965-1969.

The Maumee Demons won all 5 championships.

other participants were:

Kenosha Kingsmen

Racine Boys of 76

Men of Brass

Spirit of St. Louis

St. Clair Shores MI Vanguards

Fairborn OH Golden Lancers

Chicago Zientek Diplomats

MN Laidlaw Toreadors

St. Peter Govenaires

... and who could forget the Hamms Indians?

Edited by HornsUp

Was Spirit of St Louis an all Black corps? Hear about Carver Gay Blades but these guys never seem to get mentioned.

Geez what ever happened to that St Peter corps? :cool:

Ken ... did Marty's Goldenaires ever compete back then? ... I always thought the Maumee Demons would be the first Midwest corps to attend DCA, not the Boys of 76 ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Jim, I thought I remembered the Chocolatiers beating someone at DCAs in '79. They beat 2 corps, Ohio Brass and the Esquires. Big gap after that to the Blue Eagles in Wind Gap. Remember seeing them in '78 as a spectator at prelims.

Ask JohnZ about the Esquires LOL.... Sorry I meant the Chocolatiers only beat one corps in 1976 and it was the last show of the year (RCA Championships). Funny thing is I have two recordings of them that year. One was their exhibition at the DCA show at Hershey and the RCA Championship competition.

As I remember about every RCA show we were at was Hershey/York, Johnsonburg Diplomats, Hanover and us... week after week after.....

OK RCA trivia, Hanover won RCA in 1977 after putting in a complaint that a certain corps was packing the Championships judges panel. Panel was changed and Hanover won. That Christmas Hanover got a card from the other corps saying "Merry Christmas.... ###holes". Or so I was told.....

Was Spirit of St Louis an all Black corps? Hear about Carver Gay Blades but these guys never seem to get mentioned.

Geez what ever happened to that St Peter corps? :cool:

Carver definitely was majority black, if not all black.

After Carver went under in the mid-1960s, several of their members... including Gene Bennett and Alfred "Uncle Nick" Nichols, both future inductees into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame... joined the Sunrisers. Much to the benefit of the Sunrisers!!!

Geez what ever happened to that St Peter corps?

and what ever happened to those Laidlaw Toreadors?

• Like 1

did Marty's Goldenaires ever compete back then?

Marty's is non-comp and has seldom ventured out of the UP, although they recently have marched AL National Parades in Minny and Indy.

LOL Pat will smack me for missing Laidlaw/Grain Belt/ you know who.... :peek:

• Like 1

Marty's is non-comp and has seldom ventured out of the UP, although they recently have marched AL National Parades in Minny and Indy.

Are they sponsored by a company, or just a guy named Marty? :tongue: