List/Info of Sr Corps Circuits

Pat, there was a Midwest Senior Association from 1965-1969.

The Maumee Demons won all 5 championships.

other participants were:

Kenosha Kingsmen

Racine Boys of 76

Men of Brass

Spirit of St. Louis

St. Clair Shores MI Vanguards

Fairborn OH Golden Lancers

Chicago Zientek Diplomats

MN Laidlaw Toreadors

St. Peter Govenaires

... and who could forget the Hamms Indians?

:ninja:

Thanks Kenny -

I was never told that - even from "The Beard" (RIP). Just a bit before MY time - Gotta believe the Indians were only in that group for a year or two. From what's been told here, the Indians basically shut 'er down after the '65 or '66 seasons - unless they hobbled along until that fateful day in '69 when they had the merger to become Brass.

Better ask Corky, right?

Pat

RCA Imperial Knights

Still in operation under the Blue Saints umbrella as a alumni corps approx 20 members and a pretty strong articulate brassline :beer:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

:ninja:

Thanks Kenny -

I was never told that - even from "The Beard" (RIP). Just a bit before MY time - Gotta believe the Indians were only in that group for a year or two. From what's been told here, the Indians basically shut 'er down after the '65 or '66 seasons - unless they hobbled along until that fateful day in '69 when they had the merger to become Brass.

Better ask Corky, right?

Pat

Hamms Indians!

Yes, ONE of, if not the ONLY Active, Competing, Drum and Bugle Corps to March in the " ROSE BOWL " Parade.

( and I thought marching in "Orange Bowl" Parade with Neptune Shoreliners was Big. But a lot of Drum & Bugle Corps did Orange Bowl parade. Heck, St. Ignatis(sp) Girls from Long Island was just ahead of us that year)

• Like 1

Hamms Indians!

Yes, ONE of, if not the ONLY Active, Competing, Drum and Bugle Corps to March in the " ROSE BOWL " Parade.

( and I thought marching in "Orange Bowl" Parade with Neptune Shoreliners was Big. But a lot of Drum & Bugle Corps did Orange Bowl parade. Heck, St. Ignatis(sp) Girls from Long Island was just ahead of us that year)

Santa Clara, combined corps and alumni to march Rose Bowl one year. At 6.5 miles, not a chance !!!!!

Yes Ray, I do remember that. Forgot about the SCV & Alumni Corps.

AND

I saw this TODAY, on google: ( " SC Vanguard to be in 2017 Rose Parade. " )

" A DCI drum and bugle corps is a rare treat for Rose Parade viewers, because corps typically perform only during the summer months. Santa Clara Vanguard made one previous appearance in the prestigious parade (2004). Other corps to appear include the Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps of Casper, Wyoming, in 1985, and the 1st Canadian Regiment Drum & Bugle Corps (also known as the Edmonton Strutters) of Edmonton, Alberta, in 1982.​ "

" Those were the day's my friend. We thought they would NEVER END. "

A lot of them I remember. Even though they may be small or just mainly, Local area. Not in National Championship Contention.

Which Circuit were the New Bedford Whaler's in?

Whalers were in the Northeast Circuit and maybe the Yankee Circuit earlier ... made Finals at the 64 WO and looks like they competed DCA 69-72 ... don't know their final year ...

:-)

The senior portion of the Yankee circuit changed its name to the Northeastern circuit for 1960, while the juniors retained the Yankee name.

New Bedford Whalers got started in the Rhode Island circuit, then soon began participating in Northeastern. There was also the All-American circuit, made up of a handful of corps in the RI/CT/MA area.

No one has mentioned the Philadelphia Area senior circuit, where Reilly and Archer-Epler battled regularly. Back in the late 1940s and early 1950s, many of the best competitive corps kept busy either there or in the Interstate circuit.