Dayton '15

Mr. Monk,

You are entitled to your opinion. Here is the official DCI statement on which I based my words. Posted by DCI (dci.org)

Thursday, April 9, 2015 - 11:35 AM

Formed in 1998, Riverside Community College (RCC) Indoor Percussion—which recently joined force with the Blue Devils organizations —has been among WGI’s most successful groups. The WGI Independent World Class (PIW) group has never finished outside the top four, earning four world titles along the way.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7c0a2e2b-8667-44b5-a09a-f2def88dfd15#ixzz3X0vLVADE

X again: I have enjoyed RCC every time I have seen them,

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

everyone already said what I did, my bad.

Edited by gloriousgoo

Just a question and no disrespect intended.

Did Santa Clara strike out (as in baseball) or was there another reason for spending all that money and time coming to Dayton?

Was it like the Green Thunder (Cavies junior) breakdown ipreviously or something else? Unusual for both organizations.

Edited by xandandl

Vanguard's winter program doesn't have a particularly successful past in percussion. I can't recall them making finals any year other than '14. They had a good show this year (actually one of my favorites) but this is a ridiculous year for WGI. NorthCoast Academy, a rather historically important and extremely good group had a slight dip in quality from their finals show last year to this year and completely missed semis as well, so don't judge the program too readily from a poor result in an incredible year.

Edited by gloriousgoo

Thanks.

Here on the East Coast we don't always know what's happening off-season behind the scenes on the West Coast. There have been rumors about the SCV organization, but the birthday dinner celebration seemed to put those to rest. But along comes the WGI score for a corps who is usually a Fred Sanford contender. I realize that many times different staffs teach different kids in different seasons under the same corps banner. Kudos to those organizations who attempt to teach so many in so many different ways.

[quote name="xandandl" post="3433071" timestamp="1428763164"

Is Pioneer from Romeoville, Illinois really the drum and bugle corps from the Milwaukee suburbs of Wisconsin, Jeff?

They are. Adam Hill, longtime performing member and designer/instructor/caption head for Pioneer is a teacher at Romeoville so they utilize that benefit for the indoor unit. He also was instrumental in making the Pioneer indoor group happen and is the executive director which are more reasons. Hope the info helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up.

I usually associate Romeoville from my trips to Lewis University near my sister's. It's quite the ride from my other siblings in Milwaukee. (They gotta go where those college scholarships were offered, met their intended, and stayed.)

Thanks for clearing that up.

I usually associate Romeoville from my trips to Lewis University near my sister's. It's quite the ride from my other siblings in Milwaukee. (They gotta go where those college scholarships were offered, met their intended, and stayed.)

Not a problem. That can be quite the journey, Romeoville to Milwaukee, especially at the wrong time of the day when the traffic God's are punishing everyone.

RCC has been BD south for quite some time. They just made it official this year.

The snare line has I think 6 that will be in A corps. The bass line 3 and I think 3 or maybe the whole tenor line.

I know my son pointed a whole bunch of people he will be playing with in front ensemble.