Blue Devils Members are Attractive?

I'll bet nobody ever inquired of Mike Krzyzewski "I'll bet you recruit future members for your Blue Devils on their looks, don't you?"

Krzyzewski was a member of Bob Knight's basketball team at West Point. I'll bet that he picked up some of Coach Knight's colorful verbiage along the way...and I can only guess as to what his answer to this inquiry would be....

Edited by HornTeacher

Ever thought about each member of Blue Devils has a very distinct style and appearance? :huh: :huh:

Do they audition people based on how they look too? :tic: :tic: Because almost all of them are attractive.

Or is it just the fact that they are from California they have this natural celebrity look?

Anybody have other thoughts?

What a shallow thing to say.

What the hell is a "natural celebrity look"?

Oh do you think California is full of celebrities and everyone looks attractive?

WRONG.

Edited by RogerF

What a shallow thing to say.

What the hell is a "natural celebrity look"?

Oh do you think California is full of celebrities and everyone looks attractive?

WRONG.

Announcing the Concord Blue Devils' 2015 program "It's a Kardashian World...and big butts are IN."

Edited by HornTeacher

I'll bet nobody ever inquired of Mike Krzyzewski "I'll bet you recruit future members for your Blue Devils on their looks, don't you?"

Krzyzewski was a member of Bob Knight's basketball team at West Point. I'll bet that he picked up some of Coach Knight's colorful verbiage along the way...and I can only guess as to what his answer to this inquiry would be....

Coach K is far classier than Mr. Knight and only uses Polish with his Blue Devils when motivating them in unusual ways. However, both coaches have a smile for drum corps. Mr. Knight was a fan of Star of Indiana and all corps practicing at his Bloomington, Indiana school. Coach K has a Cadet as the drum major of Duke's band, a simultaneous conundrum of its own mystery.

• Like 1

Coach K is far classier than Mr. Knight and only uses Polish with his Blue Devils when motivating them in unusual ways. However, both coaches have a smile for drum corps. Mr. Knight was a fan of Star of Indiana and all corps practicing at his Bloomington, Indiana school. Coach K has a Cadet as the drum major of Duke's band, a simultaneous conundrum of its own mystery.

I know...and it's only one of the reasons why I personally admire them both.

Ahhh, yes...I'm sure that in Coach K's parlance it's "Szybszy...szybszy...SZYUBSZY, WY ####'s!!!" (Faster...faster...FASTER, YOU ####'s!!!")

Edited by HornTeacher

Watch it, or you'll end up like Obama's FBI director of late...swimming in a stew of bigos and not sure how he got there.

The Poughkeepsie Pacers and the Polish Falcons still have friends on DCP, and that doesn't even count the Cavaliers or Buffalonians. :-p

If a play or movie needs to cast a role that's meant to have sex appeal, you can be sure the producers will consider potential actors' looks.

Last season, there certainly seemed to be moments in the show when BD's guard was meant to be sexy. Would it have been wrong for BD to specifically choose, from potential guard members with the necessary talent, those who were more attractive?

If a play or movie needs to cast a role that's meant to have sex appeal, you can be sure the producers will consider potential actors' looks.

Last season, there certainly seemed to be moments in the show when BD's guard was meant to be sexy. Would it have been wrong for BD to specifically choose, from potential guard members with the necessary talent, those who were more attractive?

I don't think the original poster was speaking in terms of once a final roster was selected. I interpreted the question to be based upon an idea that the organization selects individuals based on their looks...and the organization's specifically original selection for membership spots in a given year. If I am in error on this, then I'll readily accept the responsibility for the misreading. However...I don't think I am. Carry on.

Edited by HornTeacher

Of course, but by whose standards?

What appeals to Scott Chandler may not be the same standard of Maria Grana Czapinski or Davey Gibblets or any others of the judging community. It's a slippery slope to consider.

Sure when the Cavies' guard did WSS and James Bond in WGI they tried to project machismo and a strong masculine image ala John Wayne or Sean Connery in their earlier years.

But how much of a particular person's appear resonates in the Box in a barn as large as LOS is doubtful to assess unless the judges are watching the show a la Tom Blar on the close-up TV screens in the sky lounge suites.

Time to move on.

This semi-monthly "Hey we're BD, don't forget about us" regular thread addition on DCP has run its course.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1