Blue Devils Members are Attractive?

A bit off the subjest I always wondered if the girls of BD's guard had to have long hair or did they use hair extentions, especially in the Be Italian dance sequence. I remembered they also had long hair in the 2002 Jazz Made in America show. I remember the guard using their hair in the ballad part.

Edited by afd

Of course, but by whose standards? What appeals to Scott Chandler may not be the same standard of Maria Grana Czapinski or Davey Gibblets or any others of the judging community. It's a slippery slope to consider.

Sure, when the Cavies' guard did WSS and James Bond in WGI they tried to project machismo and a strong masculine image a la John Wayne or Sean Connery in their earlier years.

But how much of a particular person's appear resonates in the Box in a barn as large as LOS is doubtful to assess unless the judges are watching the show a la Tom Blair on the close-up TV screens in the sky lounge suites.

That's a good answer, but the first part applies equally well to film and theatre, where not knowing the preferences of the critics or public doesn't keep directors from picking actors with the physical appearance they feel is necessary for the part.

(And now you've got me struggling to picture John Wayne in West Side Story.)