Rap, Hip-Hop, or Pop shows

The first corps to do a Run The Jewels show wins forever.

NSFW language, but you should listen even if you "hate" rap because the music is awesome.

My friend Shaun "Diana Coffee" is one of the featured artists on that album and wants me to record a couple horn tracks for his new project. Some of which could be pretty cool on the field, he's going for a (weird) big band sound. Edited by rancidrolla
  • Like 1

Does K-Pop count? Coming from BD this year ...

:rock:

I went through a K-Pop phase for a year in high school (I basically only listened to k-pop). The reason why I like it is because a lot of the songs have different moods within the song and sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the melody rather than worry about the lyrics.

I'm curious how BD will implement this song. I don't like the beginning of this but the melody is actually surprisingly nice in this song. This show looks like it will shape up to be similar to Felliniesque in that a lot of songs will be blended together in a way that flows well so I'm not very skeptical or worried.

• 2 years later...
On 4/29/2015 at 2:41 PM, rancidrolla said:

My friend Shaun "Diana Coffee" is one of the featured artists on that album and wants me to record a couple horn tracks for his new project. Some of which could be pretty cool on the field, he's going for a (weird) big band sound.

that's one of my favorite songs of theirs....

anyway, yet to see them this year but Jersey Surf's rep looked pretty pop

what's the word on them this year?

I’d love to see a reggae show built around Exodus, great opportunity to come up with a unique visual so that you could march to it

Edited by cowtown
added something

Around 2008 or 09 there was an Open Class guard out of the Nashville Academy for Arts which did a complete WGI show based on vocal sounds, not words or singing or melody. The soundtrack was brilliantly conceived and kept the judges and audience engaged if only to ask where are they going with this. Unfortunately, the equipment performance struggled as the mms focused on timing, body work, and dots. But brilliant none the less.

13 minutes ago, cowtown said:

that's one of my favorite songs of theirs....

anyway, yet to see them this year but Jersey Surf's rep looked pretty pop

what's the word on them this year?

I’d love to see a reggae show built around Exodus, great opportunity to come up with a unique visual so that you could march to it

And since this post, there's a whole new RTJ album!