Crossmen 2015

I've participated and witnessed many of the Crossmen "challenges" over the years. Tonight's electronic malfunction was one of those challenges.

I am in awe of the corps ability to overcome the stress of that delay and deliver a score (before penalty) that tied them for 11th.

One thing I'm sure of is the corps has one more show in them and it can be an awesome one.

• Like 1

Attention!! Attention!! Be on the lookout for a short blonde figure skater last seen near the electronics of the Crossmen. Goes by the name of Tanya. Likes to ride wild horses while singing Mary Poppins songs. She may have a strong man with her who listens to old radio skits about missing circus performers Please report any suspicious activity to the Crossmen pit.

Just poking a little humor at a stressful moment while waiting for the scores Like the "Cardiac Crossmen". Go bones!

Edited by TxBigfoot
  • Like 4

Now that the dust has settled, I really want to express how good a season this was for the corps.

On the surface, it may appear that the result was the same as last year, but there were some important differences.

1. Last year, they were 1.350 out of finals. This year, just 0.125. Had the CG judge given them a score comparable to their prelims and semis scores, they would have squeezed into 11th.
  2. This year, they came in 11th in five captions and 10th in one. Last year, they were 12th in every caption but one(Visual Analysis).
  3. With the exception of that last judge, the Color Guard was getting a lot of respect from the judges in the final weeks. 6th in Prelims, 7th at semis, 6th in Allentown. These were big gains from the early part of the season.
  4. Three finals appearances in four years aint bad at all.
  5. The corps got off to a really quick start, indicating a lot of preparation.

We all know how difficult it is to move up the ladder in DCI, but I think this organization is the strongest its been in a long time.

Were there weaknesses? Are there things the design team needs to work on? Of course.

But, I think they are smart enough to look back and see what those weaknesses were. They certainly heard it on the tapes. I don't think I need to tell them stuff they already know.

I'm feeling pretty #### good about 2015 and I'm looking forward to 2016.

• Like 5

I hope everyone here knows the story behind the close bonds between the Crossmen and Spirit of Atlanta. Out of that friendship has come a tradition: if either Crossmen or Spirit fail to make Finals and the other Corps does, the Corps in Finals will show the other Corps' logo at Retreat.

Here's a picture I took of the Crossmen at the Finals Retreat showing their love for Spirit. It has already gotten more than 2.1K likes on Spirit's FB page and another 200+ on the Spirit Family and Friends FB page, plus dozens of great comments on the Crossmen.

Thank you, Crossmen!!! Congrats on a great season and on making Finals! I hope we can be together in Finals next season!

Crossmen-Delta-2015.jpg

• Like 1

I know they are starting to get older. in 2014 they had something like 100 rookies, and many young kids. Retention of these quality members is going to be a big key moving forward.

• Like 1

Maybe they are finally starting to convince some of the "vast pool" of Texas marchers (that was one of the big selling points that was put forward to justify the move from Philly) that they don't need to go out of state for a top quality drum corps experience.

But I'd still use my $100 million to bring them home. :tounge2: