Am I the only one ...

I don't necessarily write out full arrangements, but I at least put thought into how I would orchestrate them, were I to actually sit down and try to arrange them.

Of course, I also have a tendency to use things that have either been done on the field before ("Appalachian Spring," "Medea"), or are similar to things that have been done (Dello Joio's "Diversion of Angels"), so it makes for a slightly easier palette from which I can pull.

I should start looking at what things on my rep list for this season have been done before. And how well they actually fit together, for that matter.

I just envision in my head what my shows are like. I never physically put anything down. I guess I should start show design for the next season though.

Am I the only one that actually arranges music for his DCPI shows?

Do I need to seek counseling?

When does Season 24 start, anyway?

I might relocate my English corps ...

I composed a show from scratch for The Marauders back in season 11 or 12. I just don't have the time or the talent to arrange a show each season, though. But I can definitely hear how the arrangements should work in my head.

Sign-ups for Season 24 should be starting in mid-May. There are some minor changes in the works for DCPI this season, but nothing that should affect the players/gameplay.

Edited by hostrauser

I tried that many, many years ago (around season 5 or 6, I believe), but only did a few little snippets on Finale that I posted here.

I can always have my other have write music for me if I wanted it lol

Nope, you're not the only one. As a music ed major, I use DCPI as "practice" for show design. Like others, I might not write out the entire show, but I often do practice arranging parts/envisioning how it would be orchestrated on the field. I also write drill for some movements occasionally.