Why are Bluecoats already being counted out of the top?

If anything, its not the 2015 Bluecoats that are not getting their proper due on here, its all the non G7 Corps not getting their proper due on here.

And lets face it, with the annual blackout of info from Corps each offseason, there is virtually nothing really to go on regarding making placement predictions, observations, and so forth... for ANY of these Corps, G7, or otherwise.

Well, to be blunt, the "G7" corps historically do very well consistently while the non-G7, well, don't. Saying BD and Cadets will be contending for a Championship next season is similar to saying "I plan on breathing air today." When corps win multiple Championships, or even have won fairly recently, it's not a stretch to think they will continue their success.

And conversely, if a corps hasn't made Top 6 in over a decade (or ever), it's not a stretch to think they will continue to not beat corps who consistently place higher than them.

That doesn't have much to do with respect due or anything: just as to do with historical data mixed with current data/competitive trends.

I suspect most staffers/mm's of those corps could care less what random commentators on DCP predict for a corps and focus more on doing their jobs

I think the actual reason is because BD always announces their show and music super late. There'll be tons of discussion once it's announced.

What good timing--because the Blue Devils Just announced their show "Ink" Let the discussion threads begin :thumbs-up:

Edited by Jast45

There are other corps already being counted out of the top other than the Bluecoats.

The Bluecoats are a crap shoot. One year they're competitive with a wonderful show design, the next there's a caption weakness or show design issue that prevents them from doing as well. I can not wait to see them win it all eventually!

In 2006, they climbed their highest--to 4th. The next year, they beat BD and Cavies in Centerville, OH on 7/2. This was THEIR year!!! Well, at year's end, it was back to the middle (7th). In 2010, they had the #2 seed and medaled for the first time in their history. 2011? Back to 7th. Then a slow climb: 6th--->5th. Second place last year. Given their history, I wouldn't bet 5 nickels that they medal this summer. But hey, in this time frame, there have been some unprecedented events ('08 BD being the only semi winner to lose DCI in the build-up judging system; BD's lofty score last yr), so I won't count them out until about June 20. :tounge2:

Well, to be blunt, the "G7" corps historically do very well consistently while the non-G7, well, don't. Saying BD and Cadets will be contending for a Championship next season is similar to saying "I plan on breathing air today." When corps win multiple Championships, or even have won fairly recently, it's not a stretch to think they will continue their success.

And conversely, if a corps hasn't made Top 6 in over a decade (or ever), it's not a stretch to think they will continue to not beat corps who consistently place higher than them.

That doesn't have much to do with respect due or anything: just as to do with historical data mixed with current data/competitive trends.

I suspect most staffers/mm's of those corps could care less what random commentators on DCP predict for a corps and focus more on doing their jobs

Well aren't you the Master Of The Obvious bright and early this morning.

Edited by BRASSO

I'll bite:

***Lotsofwordsandstatsandfacts***

I'm surprised this thread is still going after this reply, as the OPs questions have been answered.

• Like 1

Well aren't you the Master Of The Obvious bright and early this morning.

10:30 (on Monday) is bright and early?! :blink:

Also, just replying to your statement about non-Top7/DCI Champion getting their "due"

Edited by perc2100

Also, just replying to your statement about non-Top7/DCI Champion getting their "due"

At 10:15 am, EST, many West Coasters here were still in their cribs.

I can't presume to speak for others here, but is my sense that this thread topic probably has its shelf life over now, with its expiration date on the thing now telling us its expired.

Edited by BRASSO

lol.

i've completely given up trying to have any sort of intelligent exchange

there needs to a disclaimer on his posts:

*WARNING*

Readers should make no assumptions (implied or otherwise) that this poster will actually reply to any part of your post.

Furthermore the poster reserves the right to completely change the topic and or selectively delete any part of your

post to support their position. Logic will not be used. And reason will not be tolerated. You have been warned.

Oh almost forgot

evil G7

transfer fees

sports analogy

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 4

At 10:15 am, EST, many West Coasters here were still in their cribs.

I can't presume to speak for others here, but is my sense that this thread topic probably has its shelf life over now, with its expiration date on the thing now telling us its expired.

Yeah I'm a west coaster so I meant 10:15 am PST